PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores or Patricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
who did you like better as DC for the patriots?

I think it is really hard to say. Who was the one that allowed for this defensive style change? Was it Belichick? Was it the players? I don't know. I feel like the players on defense were better this year.

Belichick.

Yeah, no kidding. You'd think people would notice by now that the Patriots defense is Belichick's first, and the various coordinators' second.

That's not to say Patricia and Flores did NOTING, but it all runs through Belichick. The sideline video from these Super Bowls always shows Belichick personally giving the defensive players hands-on coaching more than anyone else.

Malcolm GO! was all Flores wasn’t it?

This Defense was a absolute Beast in the Playoffs I didn't think they had it in them. I thought this was by far the Weakest Patriots Team on both sides of the ball. A few guys played remarkable well after their benching most notably Clayborne and Shelton. I think Patricia was a very good DC and his Defenses were hit with the Injury bug: Flores had a Healthy D. Patricia lost Hightower last year who showed up Big in the Playoffs still justifying that Contract at-least for another year.

The difference is the players, not the coaches. Belichick tells us that every time they win a SB, and he's right.

Matty P just because it was a larger body of work. Flores left to soon to beat Matty P. They both earn a special place in our hearts but Matty P just has more memories. And that clown shirt.

Flores would be my choice but now look, I dislike this new guy

Flores would be my choice but now look, I dislike this new guy

Not a huge fan of the new guy's NFL stint either but some guys are actually better coordinators or work well with others.

I think the D coordinator serves two purposes:
  • thinking partner for Belichick on design, personnel, and game plans
  • executor of the game plan through play calls
So, really, we'll never know who does the best job of those responsibilities, because it is opaque to us.

Not a huge fan of the new guy's NFL stint either but some guys are actually better coordinators or work well with others.

I hope he does well. I jus don’t like change.

Flores of course, I like his swagger with the flat cap

I think the D coordinator serves two purposes:
  • thinking partner for Belichick on design, personnel, and game plans
  • executor of the game plan through play calls
So, really, we'll never know who does the best job of those responsibilities, because it is opaque to us.

Flores called a great game.

It's not like we blitzed every single time with him and didn't blitz at all with Patricia.

Flores showed in these playoffs he had a better feel for when to dial up pressure.

Matty P defenses in super bowl...24, 28, 41 points allowed....Flores in super bowl...3 points allowed

They limited LA to three points by copying the defense Detroit used against the same opponent.

BB specifically mentioned that.

Matty P defenses in super bowl...24, 28, 41 points allowed....Flores in super bowl...3 points allowed

The second number should be 21, not 28. Brady threw a pick-six. Other than the Eagles game, which was a confluence of events, Patricia's defenses were good enough to win. Flores had a better secondary to playcall, and it's still Belichick's defense at its core with either coordinator.

Which begs the question, which head coach will do better in 2019, Matty with Lions or Flores with Dolphins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back