PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fleming or Waddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I believe one of the biggest matches that will impact the game will be our OL vs their DL. For this particular game based on JAX's personnel, would you rather see Fleming or Waddle on the right side (of both are good to go)?

How is this even a question ? Obviously Waddle who is a considerably better RT than Fleming. Why ? Because he requires less hand holding from RBs and TEs which means we have more players out in patterns.

Will be going against Calais Campbell. Might be key match-up of the day unless
they put Ramsey on Gronk.

I don't understand this question. Waddle (near ****ensian euonym :) ) is terrific. I'd like to see some stats on pressures/sacks on snaps when he plays versus when doesn't. The key question is only whether Waddle will be able to play, not whether he ought to, right?

Amazing question, this.

Is the Pats 2nd-string RT, who has played 29% of the offensive snaps, better than their 3rd stringer, who has played 32% of the offensive snaps?

During a season in which the team went 13-3 and is now going into its 7th AFCCG in a row.

There are almost certainly several other teams in the league who think that would be a great problem to have.

But then there folks here who are at least somewhat disappointed in a WR who played 93% of all regular season snaps, and caught 65 passes for nearly 1100 yards at a 16.6 ypc, plus 7 TDs.

I really like LA Waddle Dante have turned him into a really solid RT. Not much of a drop off from Marcus Cannon. Cameron Flemming have also played very well when called into action.

Maybe both right? Rotate them and keep them fresh.

Maybe both right? Rotate them and keep them fresh.
I don't know. We've seen what an inconsistent lineup (albeit due to injury) in 2015 looks like. It's usually best to stick with one grouping along the OL as much as possible. I do think Waddle has been better overall than Fleming, but I think Fleming has the "hot hand" so to speak. That's the reason why I thought it'd be a somewhat interesting topic to look at. Guess not.

Play Fleming. I doubt Waddle is 100% and he could fill in if necessary, or use the time to recover. If he starts and gets hurt,that would really put pressure on Fleming and whoever backs him up.

O line play will be very critical. Have to protect brady and give him time.

Last I heard, Waddle's knee injury vs. Titans was very serious. Have there been updates?

Play Fleming. I doubt Waddle is 100% and he could fill in if necessary, or use the time to recover. If he starts and gets hurt,that would really put pressure on Fleming and whoever backs him up.
Game time decision. If Waddle is not hampered by injury I'd see him as the better player. But if he is not at 100% then probably Fleming.

Last I heard, Waddle's knee injury vs. Titans was very serious. Have there been updates?
Yes. Day after it was reported MRI indicated Waddle "dodged a bullet" with a relatively minor sprain. Unclear how minor...

Yes. Day after it was reported MRI indicated Waddle "dodged a bullet" with a relatively minor sprain. Unclear how minor...
Great news, thanks.

and i think two days after he was seen walking in locker room w/o boot and no limp whatsoever...

I believe one of the biggest matches that will impact the game will be our OL vs their DL. For this particular game based on JAX's personnel, would you rather see Fleming or Waddle on the right side (of both are good to go)?
Waddle is simply a better player and been a much better player this season. Easy answer.

While this answer seems to be “easy” at first glance, Waddle led the team in allowed pressure/hurries with 5 in 31 pass attempts prior to getting hurt. The next closest was 3 hurries and that was through a whole game.

Fleming, on the other hand, allowed 0 hurries in the 22 pass attempts that he was a part of.

Think Fleming tends to have more help with regards to the TE/RBs chipping. Depends how we want to run the attack on Sunday really.

While this answer seems to be “easy” at first glance, Waddle led the team in allowed pressure/hurries with 5 in 31 pass attempts prior to getting hurt. The next closest was 3 hurries and that was through a whole game.

Fleming, on the other hand, allowed 0 hurries in the 22 pass attempts that he was a part of.

Those stats are meaningless if you dont consider how much help each of the two required which took away options from the passing game and made coverage easier for the opponent.

Spoiler alert, Fleming required more hand holding.

Those stats are meaningless if you dont consider how much help each of the two required which took away options from the passing game and made coverage easier for the opponent.

Spoiler alert, Fleming required more hand holding.
Yes, that’s definitely something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes