PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fitzy nails it!

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Fitzy: Take your Patriots tank talk and shove it​

Fitzy wrote this piece today and its on the WEEI site. I was just going to insert quotes but you should read it all. It's a great piece.

Wonder of we end up getting Garopollo back? I'd like that but he gets hurt a lot. Keep Cam as a backup.

Wonder of we end up getting Garopollo back? I'd like that but he gets hurt a lot. Keep Cam as a backup.
0%, unless SF does something really stupid. Despite his limitations / durability factor, the 49ers would be back to square one, in a tough division without a qb... the two most talked about candidates to replace him in SF are Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan... both have ridiculous contracts ...

a cousins trade has a 41 million dollar acceleration and and Ryan a 49 million dollar cap hit... there is no way those teams take those lumps in a year when the cap is going to drop to the rumored 175 million dollar range... so really, its highly unlikely that they dump/trade Jimmy G...

A quick snippet:

"Why not just have Belichick and the coaches come out and say to the team, “Hey guys, I’ll let you play, but you’re not good enough to win it all, maybe tonight even. So go ahead and try but it doesn’t matter to these fans because you’re not the best, nor do you have any chance of competing with the best. Obviously we’re not good enough to scheme you to victory either. Hopefully next year someone better than you will help turn things around for the future, for all of us. Depending on who’s here. But to review we suck. Good luck.”

Are you kidding me?

Spoiler Alert: There’s a 50/50 chance said rookie QB might not be the answer. For every Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow there’s a JaMarcus Russell or Marcus Mariotta. (New draft plan for Pats: don’t draft anyone with a Marcus in their name.) Sometimes a Jimmy Garoppolo pans out in the second round, while a Josh Rosen or Mitch Trubisky burns you in the first where you thought you were getting a franchise quarterback, and instead you set your franchise back a few years.

Losing, for whatever reason, is for losers. Plain and simple.

The idea that this region, that Patriots fans, blessed with premier play and two decades of dominance, now suddenly can’t stomach a rebuild without certain guarantee or imminent excellence is nauseating. Seems people would rather bank their hopes on uncertainty and potential than watch a team try to win with who and what they’ve got. For me, and for other fans, there’s joy in watching a mod squad fight, scratch and claw their way to competitive relevance again, efforting to develop young players while establishing a new culture. I, for one, was thrilled they found a way to beat the Jets. Yes, I typed that. It’s 2020. There are no more surprises. Deal with it.

Losing in hopes of a better draft pick, or just losing in general, is the antithesis of The Patriot Way. Of everything we’ve all come to believe, would teach our kids or how I’d like to think we approach any challenge in this life. And it kinda makes me sick.
"

A quick snippet:

"Why not just have Belichick and the coaches come out and say to the team, “Hey guys, I’ll let you play, but you’re not good enough to win it all, maybe tonight even. So go ahead and try but it doesn’t matter to these fans because you’re not the best, nor do you have any chance of competing with the best. Obviously we’re not good enough to scheme you to victory either. Hopefully next year someone better than you will help turn things around for the future, for all of us. Depending on who’s here. But to review we suck. Good luck.”

Are you kidding me?

Spoiler Alert: There’s a 50/50 chance said rookie QB might not be the answer. For every Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow there’s a JaMarcus Russell or Marcus Mariotta. (New draft plan for Pats: don’t draft anyone with a Marcus in their name.) Sometimes a Jimmy Garoppolo pans out in the second round, while a Josh Rosen or Mitch Trubisky burns you in the first where you thought you were getting a franchise quarterback, and instead you set your franchise back a few years.

Losing, for whatever reason, is for losers. Plain and simple.

The idea that this region, that Patriots fans, blessed with premier play and two decades of dominance, now suddenly can’t stomach a rebuild without certain guarantee or imminent excellence is nauseating. Seems people would rather bank their hopes on uncertainty and potential than watch a team try to win with who and what they’ve got. For me, and for other fans, there’s joy in watching a mod squad fight, scratch and claw their way to competitive relevance again, efforting to develop young players while establishing a new culture. I, for one, was thrilled they found a way to beat the Jets. Yes, I typed that. It’s 2020. There are no more surprises. Deal with it.

Losing in hopes of a better draft pick, or just losing in general, is the antithesis of The Patriot Way. Of everything we’ve all come to believe, would teach our kids or how I’d like to think we approach any challenge in this life. And it kinda makes me sick.
"
Thanks Ian and Fitzy is the winner
I met and talked twice with him
Once in London and once in Atlanta
Always awesome...

A quick snippet:

I'm all for scratching and clawing their way to competitive relevance again ;)

Fitzy isn't seeing the Bigger Picture either...

But that's cool because beginning Sunday night, we're going on a nice losing streak anyway...until we face the J-E-T-E again...

Fitsy is a homer.

Its just not a QB and the Pats are back. NE need a good draft slot for WRs and other areas of need.

If a low draft position is the excuse for so many Busts, then picking much higher is the answer, right?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back