PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First game day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnymc1973

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself as a newbie in this forum.

I am a Patriots fan from Kintore, Scotland in the United Kingdom.

I've been lucky enough to secure some tickets to the Falcons game on Oct 22, 2017.

We will be driving to the game from just north of Boston. Is there any advice people can give on how long it will take to get to the Stadium with a game on, when we should leave and what time we should look to get to the stadium for? We have a parking permit for the stadium.

Is there anything else we should be looking to do on game day?

Thanks for the advice.

Hi Johnny. Have a great visit. Do a search on this forum for other recent threads (2-3 in the last few weeks). Great tips on them.

Drive on the right hand side of the road.

Don't miss the Pats Hall of Fame while you're visiting the stadium.

Depending on where you are staying, you will want to decide between traveling on I-95 or I-495 to get to the stadium

Though I-95 is shorter, it travels through some more densely populated areas, and is prone to traffic problems on game day. I-495 may look longer, since it loops around the city, but may be a fast way to go do to less traffic. It's your call.

I'd bring up the map of Foxborough on Bing (or whatever search engine you use) and use the "directions" feature from wherever you are staying to the stadium.

Plan on arriving early, lots early, and having a fair wait to get out of the parking lots. The feeder roads into the facility can get clogged.

Best wishes regardless. I think it's a better and more magical place than Disneyland. But that's just me. :)

Depending on where you are staying, you will want to decide between traveling on I-95 or I-495 to get to the stadium

Though I-95 is shorter, it travels through some more densely populated areas, and is prone to traffic problems on game day. I-495 may look longer, since it loops around the city, but may be a fast way to go do to less traffic. It's your call.

I'd bring up the map of Foxborough on Bing (or whatever search engine you use) and use the "directions" feature from wherever you are staying to the stadium.

Plan on arriving early, lots early, and having a fair wait to get out of the parking lots. The feeder roads into the facility can get clogged.

Best wishes regardless. I think it's a better and more magical place than Disneyland. But that's just me. :)

Thanks Gwedd. It is Somerville we are staying in.

Will try the longer route to avoid the traffic. I was going to try and get there for 5pm and give ourselves 2 hours to get there, do you think that is enough time?

Thanks Gwedd. It is Somerville we are staying in.

Will try the longer route to avoid the traffic. I was going to try and get there for 5pm and give ourselves 2 hours to get there, do you think that is enough time?

Your best bet from Somerville is to follow the I-93/I-95 route down to Foxborough. I'd double the expected travel time,just because it's game day, and to give yourself time in case you miss an exit, etc. So figure 2 hours travel time instead of the usual 1 hour, or thereabouts. Any extra time arriving early is always a good thing, in order to get to your parking spot. etc. I'd also make sure that the car's gas tank is filled up before you leave, just as a precaution. :)

As I said, check it out on Bing/Google/etc and decide which route will work best for you and your plans.

Feasgar math, Johnny - - welcome to the board (and say hi to the River Don for me!).

Since it's an 8:30pm game and on national TV, it won't be ending until at least 11:30pm+. Count on not getting out of the parking lots until at least 1:00am. Be a cannie lad and make sure to have plenty of food, etc. and drink (for your PASSENGERS :cool: ) in the car - - you will be spending lots of time in it after the game. Keep the heid and make sure to have your radio tuned to 98.5 FM postgame and enjoy the slow postgame glow and analysis of what just took place.

By time you get back to Somerville, you'll be feeling awfy wabbit, but will have great memories and stories from the game. Please let us all know how your experience went.

Cheers!

Last edited:
My wife daughter n I will b going to the U.K. next May! As you'll b coming down from the North, I'd park in one of the satellite lots just prior to the stadium. Why? It's sooo much easier n quicker to get back on Rte 1 than the stadium lots. Additionally, Rte 1 has 2 lanes each way but following the game, the state police turn one of the Southern Rte 1 lanes into an express lane north to Rte 95. If you're in a satellite lot n get into that lane u save a minimum of 20-25 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes