PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First 2024 Mock

Maason Smith 6'6 310-315 at LDE, Sweat 6'4 360 at NT, and Barmore at 6'5 315 at RDE. Then imagine Wise Jr. and White on the edges, or Jennings and possibly Bryce Huff, etc.
Would definitely love to add some meat on the DL. McKinnley Jackson is another name that would be nice to clog the toilet inside and complement Barmore. Might be there in the 3rd.

My first attempt this year. View attachment 56670
Switched from whiteboard to notebook? You’re always well prepared for the draft.

Dropping to 4th and still getting Maye is a great move…but why would they give up draft capital to move up one knowing the Pats are taking Maye.

Last edited:
Switched from whiteboard to notebook? You’re always well prepared for the draft.

Dropping to 4th and still getting Maye is a great move…but why would they give up draft capital to move up one knowing the Pats are taking Maye.
You still Arizona that if they don't trade, we will take MHJ who Arizona covets.

White boards are for the draft. I can't bring a white board to work.

If JJ McCarthy will last close to #18, I am looking for a trade down and then drafting him.
If we don't get Drake Maye, I would be happy with McCarthy. But we will still need to draft a solid OT and WR (if not even better than solid), and address other area's of need.

Except for getting Alt, I don't care for the rest of the picks.

Hate the picks at 32 & 182; and Ali's ball-security issues scare me out of using a pick on him when there should still be other RBs available with similar 3rd-down potential.

But I like the pick at 45: we really need a Day 2-caliber Free Safety (unless we sign somebody such as Winfield, Sneed or CGJ as UFAs), and Kitchens (& Tyler Nubin) will both be long gone by #68... Bullock, Bullard & Cole It'stheBishop are worthy of later 3rd-round consideration should we acquire one of those;

I like the Roman Wilson pick, though I wonder if his namesake Johnny Wilson would still available there, as well as Brendan Rice...

I also really like Max brother of Bo Melton at 139, though I doubt he'll far that far.

Last edited:
I have a question. If RB Braelon Allen out of Wisconsin turns out to be a 6'2 245 Derrick Henry (and it's speculated that he will run as fast as a 4.40 40), how would you value him? Esepcially where after Rhamondre (who will be a FA after next season) has only Kevin Harris, and even if we resign Elliot to another 1 year deal, and the potential injury rate for RB's being what they are, couldn't we use another young and potentially talented RB from this years draft?

Don't care how fast he runs, I'm not drafting him as early as it would take to secure him (late 3 - early 4). We need a 3rd-Down Back, badly.
Haven't had one of those here since SweetFeet landed awkwardly over 2-1/2 seasons ago, yet another inexcusable, fireable offense by Billy.

team-logo
NE
pfn-logo

NE

J.J. McCarthy
    QB Michigan
    trade icon
    NE

Jordan Morgan
    OT Arizona
    NE

T'Vondre Sweat
    DT Texas
    trade icon
    NE

Xavier Legette
    WR South Carolina
    NE

Michael Hall Jr.
    DT Ohio State
    NE

Zak Zinter
    OG Michigan
    NE

Christian Jones
    OT Texas
    NE

Sam Hartman
    QB Notre Dame
    NE

Jase McClellan
    RB Alabama
    trade icon
    NE

Jarvis Brownlee
    CB Louisville
    trade icon
  • 2025 LV 1st

I traded back three times and still ended up with what I would be very happy with if they did this for real.

Hate the QB picks; and PFN vastly under-rates Brownlee, who looked good during Senior Bowl week and is now likely an early Day 3 value.

My first attempt this year. View attachment 56670

I am in complete agreement that if Maye is still available at #3 then I'm absolutely trading-back to either 4 or 5 because neither the Cardinals nor Chargers are taking a QB there... I like all of your first 8 picks in fact; the only nit I would pick is that our man from New Hampshire Dylan Laube is now likely to be taken nearly 100 picks earlier than your projection... I'd love to somehow acquire a pick between 136 & 190, because that's where I believe he'll go.

If we don't get Drake Maye, I would be happy with McCarthy. But we will still need to draft a solid OT and WR (if not even better than solid), and address other area's of need.
We’ll get a solid OT which will probably equate to Right. The data don’t look good at that LT position the last couple of years. Aside from Alt, Fashanu and maybe Guyton if he can transition from right to left, there aren’t many in this draft that scream plug and play.

2 players drafted in 23 made significant starts at LT last year. KC Wayna Morris round 3 pick 92 and JVille Jaelyn Duncan Round 6 pick 186. That’s it.

So do your homework and cross your fingers if they use their pick on a QB or WR and are still expecting a starting LT out of thin air.

Still pissed watching Duncan fall, saw him in there in the 4th and was like that would be a great pick, the 5th? That would be a steal at this point. Raw, athletic project talent. Not in the cards. Not saying I knew he’d do as well as he did but after Blake Freeland went off the board he was the next obvious choice imo. Hope Wolf and Mayo stick to their guns and target and identify these types of players moving forward.

We’ll get a solid OT which will probably equate to Right. The data don’t look good at that LT position the last couple of years. Aside from Alt, Fashanu and maybe Guyton if he can transition from right to left, there aren’t many in this draft that scream plug and play.

2 players drafted in 23 made significant starts at LT last year. KC Wayna Morris round 3 pick 92 and JVille Jaelyn Duncan Round 6 pick 186. That’s it.

So do your homework and cross your fingers if they use their pick on a QB or WR and are still expecting a starting LT out of thin air.

Still pissed watching Duncan fall, saw him in there in the 4th and was like that would be a great pick, the 5th? That would be a steal at this point. Raw, athletic project talent. Not in the cards. Not saying I knew he’d do as well as he did but after Blake Freeland went off the board he was the next obvious choice imo. Hope Wolf and Mayo stick to their guns and target and identify these types of players moving forward.
Last years draft was absolutely horrible. I was pissed too watching players that we could have used just be passed by. No sense of urgency. I hope that this draft is much better, as the last several draft's under BB have been outright painful to watch.

Last years draft was absolutely horrible. I was pissed too watching players that we could have used just be passed by. No sense of urgency. I hope that this draft is much better, as the last several draft's under BB have been outright painful to watch.
As bad as last years draft was, I tell myself they did get some good things out of it. Sidy Sow graded out as one of the best of that class, Douglas was promising, Keion White had flashes and Chad Ryland was a very good punter.

Despite the standard grade of excellence
Of finding 4 starters it still felt a little flat if you outline some of the players available when they were drafting.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back