PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fire our Kick Off Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind numbing decisions to squib kick. Then not to kick the ball out of the end zone? Special teams are not so special this season.

That short kick had to be a fluke

But not a mistake, right? Like, they were trying to do something with it. Between that and going for it on 4th down on the first drive, I thought they looked like they were going to have to be aggressive and score a million points (which was true).

I’m not sure. Could have been a mistake or they kicked it there to keep that fast guy from getting it

in the locker room after the game, gostkowski was asked about it. he seemed to imply it was an execution issue. not sure if he meant he was supposed to kick it through the end zone and didn't, or they were supposed to execute the short kicks differently:

Q: Looked like a concerted decision for you guys to kick to them, because you usually put it through the end of the end zone. Was that something you guys were trying to do until the big kick at the end?

Gostkowski: No, I mean a touchback isn't guaranteed all the time. I definitely could have done a better job kicking off tonight, but, you know, we won. [I'm] sure we'll get yelled at, but I'm glad we won. I'd rather get yelled at and win than get yelled at and lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back