PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fire our Kick Off Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just why should they fire Joe Judge.

- The long return should have been called back because Zombo blocked Slater in the back.
- The 2 kicks that didn't go into the end zone and the squib kick are all calls made by Belichick.
They actually should not fire anyone with such a cool name "Joe Judge"

They're trying to find the "edge" with the new kickoff rules, and think there's a vulnerability there with those short kicks.

I wish they would have figured out in preseason that there really isn't one, and should just kick it out of the endzone.

I'm hoping this experimentation goes away sooner rather than later, because it's already cost the Patriots a handful of times.

Kickoffs were a dumpster fire. Why squib a kick to to 35 only to have them return it to the 45. you could have kicked it out of bounds and gotten the 40...better yet kick it out of the damn endzone!!! Between that and the return TD my pats -3.5 was a loser.

I just dont get what they were trying for last night. Maybe they saw something on film with the squib but either way not kicking out of the endzone almost cost them the game..

Maybe we could just fire the ball ... if we can determine which one failed.

What was the plan with the short kick off early in the game?

(I presume this thread is mostly about the long KC return)

That short kick had to be a fluke

That short kick had to be a fluke

But not a mistake, right? Like, they were trying to do something with it. Between that and going for it on 4th down on the first drive, I thought they looked like they were going to have to be aggressive and score a million points (which was true).

But not a mistake, right? Like, they were trying to do something with it. Between that and going for it on 4th down on the first drive, I thought they looked like they were going to have to be aggressive and score a million points (which was true).

I’m not sure. Could have been a mistake or they kicked it there to keep that fast guy from getting it

I think the loss of Bademosi has been felt on Special Teams.

The loss of Bademosi, Bolden and (dare I say it?) Richards all at once appears to have hurt the unit. As DI has pointed out, trying to sneak Bolden through waivers was an unnecesary risk. Especially given that they wound up with only 2 RBs on the roster for a couple of weeks.

The frustrating thing is its been horrible all season and they kept doing it in possibly the most important matchup of the regular season. I get if you want to experiment when you have a sizable lead and a less explosive offense but that crap almost cost us a real shot at the #1 seed. Inexcusable decisions

Punt covg is also maybe an issue this year but weve barely punted the last 3 weeks so dont know where that is. At least with kickoffs you can just boom it out the ez which they better friggin do now on

And just why should they fire Joe Judge.

- The long return should have been called back because Zombo blocked Slater in the back.
- The 2 kicks that didn't go into the end zone and the squib kick are all calls made by Belichick.
The kicks were stupid decisions by Belichick. Just like the on side kick against
the Eagles a few years ago. The Patriots jumped out to an early lead and decided to
experiment. The Eagles recovered and scored a touchdown shortly thereafter. The
game got out of control and a mediocre Eagles team walloped the Patriots.

We have a coach that only coaches kickoffs?

“Alright boys! I want you to stand there, and you go stand over there! Ready? Break!”
Are you kidding?
The return coverage in the opener v. Houston was so bad that BB ran over and yelled at them where to line up before the KO after they took the field. Somebody had to do it!

The kicks were stupid decisions by Belichick. Just like the on side kick against
the Eagles a few years ago. The Patriots jumped out to an early lead and decided to

>>The kicks were stupid decisions by Belichick

Exactly. Just like his no time out at the end of SB 49, which Malcolm bailed him out on

JHFC. Not the stupid blame-that-kick thing again.

First, it was not an onsides kick. Philly ended up with it with only about 10 yards better field position than they would have had a normal kickoff.
Second, what really cooked NE's goose was allowing a long return (to Sproles, IIRC) and getting a punt blocked deep in their own end, neither of which had anything to do with that kick.

The loss of Bademosi, Bolden and (dare I say it?) Richards all at once appears to have hurt the unit. As DI has pointed out, trying to sneak Bolden through waivers was an unnecesary risk. Especially given that they wound up with only 2 RBs on the roster for a couple of weeks.

Bolden wasn’t waived, he was released. Still a dumb and baffling move in retrospect especially given the report that the Pats tried to re-sign him as soon as they heard Miami was making him an offer

JHFC. Not the stupid blame-that-kick thing again.

First, it was not an onsides kick. Philly ended up with it with only about 10 yards better field position than they would have had a normal kickoff.
Second, what really cooked NE's goose was allowing a long return (to Sproles, IIRC) and getting a punt blocked deep in their own end, neither of which had anything to do with that kick.

The punt was completely unnecessary. They could have run out the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes