PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally offered season tickets -- QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDelVecchio88

Rookie
Reaction score
After 14 long years, I finally got "the email" last night! Apparently I'm going to be getting another email on Monday that allows me to sign into my account manager and purchase season tickets. Exciting stuff, to say the least.

I'm just wondering how this works, since some of the wording in the email was confusing. It says I can purchase "up to 4 seats if available." I've been on the waitlist since 2002 for 4 tickets, always under the assumption that I'd be guaranteed 4 seats together when the big day came. Is that going to be the case. It says first come first serve, but is that just for the quality of seats you get? I'd hate to think I'm not guaranteed 4 seats together now after waiting all this time and putting a deposit on each of the 4!

Does anyone know how the interactive seat map works? I know, I know, I'm being neurotic, but I'm sure some of you know how agonizing the wait list can be. I can't believe the day has come! Thanks for your help!

Steve

It is very similar to the interactive maps used by TicketMaster. You could probably go over there to "practice" by pretending to buy tickets for some upcoming event.

I don't know if they offer new STHers seats that weren't available to current STHers during our relocation window, but when I went to relocate my seats, the pickings were VERY slim.

Thanks for the Ticketmaster tip, definitely going to try that out.

The email said the seats will only be in the 300-level, which is fine by me. The thing I'm most concerned about is the way it made it seem like I'm not guaranteed 4 seats together. Like I said, I always assumed I'd have to wait a little longer on the list if I chose to wait for 4 rather than 2, but I thought that meant I'd be guaranteed 4 when the day game. Hoping that is the case regardless of where the seats are. I figured I'd have to start in the nosebleeds!

Thanks for the info!

If it's anything like Ticket Exchange, only someone with 4 season ticket slots (like you) could reserve a 4 seat block. Basically, if a 4 seat block opens up, only people in your situation you can get it. Someone with 2 season ticket slots could not get 2 of those 4 seats.

After 14 long years, I finally got "the email" last night! Apparently I'm going to be getting another email on Monday that allows me to sign into my account manager and purchase season tickets. Exciting stuff, to say the least.

I'm just wondering how this works, since some of the wording in the email was confusing. It says I can purchase "up to 4 seats if available." I've been on the waitlist since 2002 for 4 tickets, always under the assumption that I'd be guaranteed 4 seats together when the big day came. Is that going to be the case. It says first come first serve, but is that just for the quality of seats you get? I'd hate to think I'm not guaranteed 4 seats together now after waiting all this time and putting a deposit on each of the 4!

Does anyone know how the interactive seat map works? I know, I know, I'm being neurotic, but I'm sure some of you know how agonizing the wait list can be. I can't believe the day has come! Thanks for your help!

Steve

Interesting. I to have been on the list since 2002 (also for 4 tickets), and while I didn't get an email yet, I suspect that I'm getting close.

The thing is, I'm not sure I want to buy the tickets when my number comes up. I don't know if I'm ready to commit to 8+ games a year. I realize that I can sell my unwanted tickets on the exchange site, but then I'll have the stress of not knowing if I'll be able to unload them (those December 29th games against Jax after the Patriots have already secured HFA might not be very appealing).

I like being on the waiting list, I can pick the 2 or 3 games that I want to attend from the exchange site.

I'm wondering if I can just refuse the season tickets but remain on the waiting list. Can they just put me back to the bottom of the list?

Interesting. I to have been on the list since 2002 (also for 4 tickets), and while I didn't get an email yet, I suspect that I'm getting close.

The thing is, I'm not sure I want to buy the tickets when my number comes up. I don't know if I'm ready to commit to 8+ games a year. I realize that I can sell my unwanted tickets on the exchange site, but then I'll have the stress of not knowing if I'll be able to unload them (those December 29th games against Jax after the Patriots have already secured HFA might not be very appealing).

I like being on the waiting list, I can pick the 2 or 3 games that I want to attend from the exchange site.

I'm wondering if I can just refuse the season tickets but remain on the waiting list. Can they just put me back to the bottom of the list?

Let me understand, you think you will soon be offered a once in a lifetime (well, at least once in 1.5 decades) opportunity; and you are worried about offloading 12.5% of that opportunity each year to just recoup FACE VALUE. And therefore willing to give up 65% of that guaranteed value (8 games-your 3 exch games) for a completely uncertain 35%.

Guys who were STHs in 1991 would defin NOT understand your issue.
You are taking a lot for granted that Pats will be coasting by game 15, not just this year, but out years as well.
If you cant sell the one game, donate the damn things to a boys home or other youth org and take a tax writeoff, if not family members as a xmas present.
Also, you do understand STHs get first crack at playoff tix?

More power to you dude, but on second thought-disregard all of my buy arguments. Please pass up the opportunity and let somebody who is more likely to show up and shout their azz off have a shot at those seats. Soft-spoken pink hats not needed on gameday.

If it causes this much consternation and angst at this juncture, why even follow up, pass the opportunity to someone else???

If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to get season tickets, you are lucky enough!!!

More power to you dude, but on second thought-disregard all of my buy arguments. Please pass up the opportunity and let somebody who is more likely to show up and shout their azz off have a shot at those seats. Soft-spoken pink hats not needed on gameday.

You seem to think that because someone is thinking about passing on an opportunity to buy 4 season tickets in the nosebleed seats at a cost of ~$4,000 that they're some kind of "fair weather fan". That's quite a large leap of logic. Calm down and re-read the guy's post. It's a big financial commitment.

I was on the waiting list for a long while myself and I was definitely going to pass when my number came up. On Ticket Exchange, I have been able to buy great seats to most every game I wanted. I would not want to be locked into seats in the endzone 300 sections for the season, especially for almost $4K.

You seem to think that because someone is thinking about passing on an opportunity to buy 4 season tickets in the nosebleed seats at a cost of ~$4,000 that they're some kind of "fair weather fan". That's quite a large leap of logic. Calm down and re-read the guy's post. It's a big financial commitment.

I was on the waiting list for a long while myself and I was definitely going to pass when my number came up. On Ticket Exchange, I have been able to buy great seats to most every game I wanted. I would not want to be locked into seats in the endzone 300 sections for the season, especially for almost $4K.

I would have thought you consider that (cost) at the time you register, for him 14- 15 years ago.

And, he was saying the ONLY reason for concern was he might lose money on ONE GAME a year.

Based on that (along with registering in 2002, year immediately following first SB win), i think i am free to infer that the fandom might not be so strong in him. Besides meant more in jest.

Consider this: sign up for 2 nosebleeds. You can still look for better seats on the ticket exchange( up to 4) and if you get them sell your nosebleeds.....and on those impossible to get tickets for games you still are guaranteed a couple seats. I started out doing that but have since been upgrated to 224. I still look for better or exra seats on the exchange.

To answer your question, you definitely can't decline the offer and remain on the waiting list. The email I got very clearly says this is my LAST chance to purchase season tickets. If I don't buy them on Monday when I get the follow-up email, I lose my deposit and spot on the list. You could obviously get back on the list again if you want to put a new deposit down for seats, but you'd lose your current spot and deposit if you don't buy them when your opportunity comes...

If it causes this much consternation and angst at this juncture, why even follow up, pass the opportunity to someone else???

If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to get season tickets, you are lucky enough!!!

Who said anything about consternation or angst? I've been like a little kid on Christmas Eve since I got the first email. I've waited 14 years for this and couldn't be happier. There's a difference between wanting to be prepared and know what I'm doing throughout the season ticket buying process and what you're describing, which makes it seem like I'm saying it's a hassle. That's not the case at all. Just want to be informed come Monday so I can get the best seats possible so I figured I'd ask advice from those who have done it before

Congrats! What row? If you get 7 or lower, you're in the lower box - much better seats there IMHO.

Congrats! What row? If you get 7 or lower, you're in the lower box - much better seats there IMHO.

Thank you. Upper box, unfortunately. Row 22. Pretty much all that was available was 300 level rows 20 and up around the stadium, so I went for 4 seats at the end of the row. Hate bothering people for those bathroom breaks, lol. I would imagine I'll be able to upgrade at some point in the future. Just thrilled to be part of the club for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back