PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Word on Brady from DeMaurice Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
“We fought the fight for a player that I know that was wronged,” Smith told Tom Pelissero and Mike Nolan on the End Zone. “If any player had any illusion that the league would lie and cheat and do anything to win — and they would do that not only for the journeyman player but also for the star quarterback — Deflategate made it absolutely clear to every player in the National Football League that when it comes to the level of dishonestly, the league will do anything.

“And that’s an important lesson. … I think Deflategate, probably the only good thing out of it is that it did lay bear the level of dishonesty.”

DeMaurice Smith: ‘Deflategate made it absolutely clear the league will do anything to win’

Wow...dam

herr-goodell.jpg

I hope players around the league look at this statement from Smith. I wish they came out and supported Tom or NFLPA during this whole ordeal. Players either didn't want to get caught up in this or were asked by the team to shut up.

I hope players around the league look at this statement from Smith. I wish they came out and supported Tom or NFLPA during this whole ordeal. Players either didn't want to get caught up in this or were asked by the team to shut up.
Should all remove their stickers from their helmets.

The vast majority don't give a crap.

I think this is true.

They want to get paid. If the league runs their lives and they are making $1m a year then so be it as most of these men are coming from economic and family situations that are unthinkable.

This ain't over, although chapter 1 has come to a close... there will be subsequent scenarios and sooner or later the owners will see how bad Goodell is for their business...

Maybe I haven't been paying well enough attention the past four weeks but I can't recall any Goodell sightings, pressers, anything. Coincidence or a concerted effort to keep him out of sight therefore out of mind.

Either we don't have football in 2020, or that's the year DeMaurice Smith collects unemployment.

Either we don't have football in 2020, or that's the year DeMaurice Smith collects unemployment.
For the first time in my life I can say with conviction that I would support the players in a strike/lockout for however long it took. Between unfair labor practices, concussion shadiness, and the overall way the league had arbitrarily dispensed punishments I am done with the 32. Including and perhaps especially RK whom I will never forgive for not standing up for Tom in any meanigful way.

For the first time in my life I can say with conviction that I would support the players in a strike/lockout for however long it took. Between unfair labor practices, concussion shadiness, and the overall way the league had arbitrarily dispensed punishments I am done with the 32. Including and perhaps especially RK whom I will never forgive for not standing up for Tom in any meanigful way.

I'm at that point if the players want it. I happen to think the players will lie down on the discipline issue because they need the money more than the owners.

Maybe I haven't been paying well enough attention the past four weeks but I can't recall any Goodell sightings, pressers, anything. Coincidence or a concerted effort to keep him out of sight therefore out of mind.

He did an interview with Matt Lauer week one. That's the last time I saw him.

“We fought the fight for a player that I know that was wronged,” Smith told Tom Pelissero and Mike Nolan on the End Zone. “If any player had any illusion that the league would lie and cheat and do anything to win — and they would do that not only for the journeyman player but also for the star quarterback — Deflategate made it absolutely clear to every player in the National Football League that when it comes to the level of dishonestly, the league will do anything.

“And that’s an important lesson. … I think Deflategate, probably the only good thing out of it is that it did lay bear the level of dishonesty.”

DeMaurice Smith: ‘Deflategate made it absolutely clear the league will do anything to win’

He's good people. Unlike that rich, snobbish, scumbag Goodell and his 32 overlords.

Lay bear?! I hope it's with consent, otherwise that's a losing proposition!

Lay bare. Can't Sirius afford an editor?

This ain't over, although chapter 1 has come to a close... there will be subsequent scenarios and sooner or later the owners will see how bad Goodell is for their business...

Except that every time this happens, there are 31 teams worth of schadenfreude and apathy.

It is safe to say that the election of Roger Goodell as commissioner was worse than an error, it was a costly one. The malevolent interests among the owners obviously do not feel this way.

It will be interesting once a new CBA is up. The only good direction for the players' sake, will be for the league to shut down for an extended period, unless they try to operate as they did in '87, with scabs.

I think it starts with the players installing someone other than a dunce to represent them, who will not back down, and who will not accept terms that defy common sense or at least a modicum of fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back