PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fields traded to Steelers

Football is a team sport. Once you get that, everything else begins to make more sense.

What's concerning is the lack of accountability you're willing to hold toward the player.

I can’t take your harassment. I have reported you to the state police.

Maybe they can walk you through how the draft works.

I hope Elliot Wolf is putting a little more introspection, investigation and thought into the pick.

I suspect mayo will have zero input into the pick, he'll be given a team by the front office and told to make the most of it.

All three of the top QB's have flaws, I'm not sure McCarthy isn't as good or better than most of them.

I’m sure Mayo has input, but Wolf has final say.

Fields is what Lamar is accused of being… a RB pretending to be a QB

I’d almost take 2020 Cam Newton as a passer over Fields.

Sweet baby Jesus, that’s as damning as it gets.

I hope Elliot Wolf is putting a little more introspection, investigation and thought into the pick.

I suspect mayo will have zero input into the pick, he'll be given a team by the front office and told to make the most of it.

All three of the top QB's have flaws, I'm not sure McCarthy isn't as good or better than most of them.
Mayo &wolf work in unison According to Curran. They along with glaser report to Kraft and no one else. So I suspect Mayo and wolf identify who they want, and what they want to be on offense. Whoever is there at 3 they will likely take unless of course they trade up, down. Who knows? So many moving parts between now and the draft.

Who knew ... Davey Crockett posts in the forum.

Maybe they can walk you through how the draft works.

But you already did that Buttercup. As you explained to the board yesterday every pick is exactly alike, there is no difference between them. Now, go have that good cry you have been building up.

What's concerning is the lack of accountability you're willing to hold toward the player.
We talking about Fields or Brissett?

Mayo &wolf work in unison According to Curran. They along with glaser report to Kraft and no one else. So I suspect Mayo and wolf identify who they want, and what they want to be on offense. Whoever is there at 3 they will likely take unless of course they trade up, down. Who knows? So many moving parts between now and the draft.
Except Wolf said he has final say in the draft. So probably he consults with Mayo and Groh and they all decide who they like. If there's disagreement, Wolf makes the call.

We talking about Fields or Brissett?

It doesn't matter. Jacoby is a jag. He is what he is. Fields is probably done but the reality is his situation was so bad that he probably deserves atleast one more chance somewhere else.

It doesn't matter. Jacoby is a jag. He is what he is. Fields is probably done but the reality is his situation was so bad that he probably deserves atleast one more chance somewhere else.
Brissett is a "good" not "great" QB.

Fields hasn't shown the ability to simply be "good" at this point, which is why he just got traded for nothing.

Jacoby makes roughly 5-8 million per season. Teams know that Brissett, despite his limitations, provides a median level of production and ball security.

Your interpretation of value is based off what what you think Fields might become, instead of what Brissett already is.

Except Wolf said he has final say in the draft. So probably he consults with Mayo and Groh and they all decide who they like. If there's disagreement, Wolf makes the call.
Agreed, however I'm sure if there is to be any disagreement it gets hashed out between them.. I just believe Mayo's gonna to lean on Wolf, AVP and Mcadoo to run the offense while he and covington run the defense.

Fields hasn't shown the ability to simply be "good" at this point, which is why he just got traded for nothing.

Jacoby makes roughly 5-8 million per season. Teams know that Brissett, despite his limitations, provides a median level of production and ball security.

Your interpretation of value is based off what what you think Fields might become, instead of what Brissett already is.
I think they're hoping that Jacoby is good enough to let the rookie stay on the bench the whole season. If so, then he's worth the $8 million.

Agreed, however I'm sure if there is to be any disagreement it gets hashed out between them.. I just believe Mayo's gonna to lean on Wolf, AVP and Mcadoo to run the offense while he and covington run the defense.
Why would Mayo lean on Wolf to run the offense? God I hope not.

That 2021 QB class has been a bust. Lawrence is the only still with his team (Wilson will be cut/traded soon) and even he hasn't been the generational talent home run he was billed to be.

I think they're hoping that Jacoby is good enough to let the rookie stay on the bench the whole season. If so, then he's worth the $8 million.
If JB, does The entire season, and can be "decent," I'd bet we are a playoff team with this defense.

And to your point wozzy.. median level QB play would be by leaps and bounds better than last season.. the Chargers among others last season was probably some of the worst offensive football played last season.

If JB plays game manager, takes care of the ball this team could be a team in the hunt at the end of next season.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back