PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fields traded to Steelers

Yeah, but I feel like it can't be used in a draft connotation. Until the player performs at a high level in the NFL, you have no idea if they're going to be a generational talent.
Good point. These are young people still developing in pretty much every way. No one knew Brady was a "generational talent" on draft day, yet he was. So many of the "can't miss" prospects do miss.

The organization concluded that Brissett is a better option than he, Mac or zapster... I don't care if Brissett played the whole season as long as we get the QB position correct this time. Just my opinion
Based on his sample size he Won't!

So why wasn’t Brissett a starter in this league over a Justin fields? Your evaluation is flawed sir.
You think being given a starting position on a dysfunctional poorly coached team is an indicator of success?

Now I see the flaw in your evaluation process…

What the bears got for Fields SHOULD tell you everything you need to know about what the the league thinks about him as a starting QB

Christ it is WORSE than what we got for Mac. Plus think about the timing. You'd think the market would heat up as we get closer to the draft. Instead they take a nothing offer just to get him out of town.

Good deal for Pittsburgh though. They see the value of having "a slash" QB and they take a low risk shot at perhaps him fulfilling his promise as the #3 pick in the 21 draft when they move on from Wilson in a couple of years

I know nothing about the Bears' quarterback coaching but Fields' troubles in Chicago mirrored those of Mac, to a degree, re. trying to develop his game amidst OL deficiencies (see below). The knock on Fields is bad post-snap processing but he has what Mac lacks, a strong arm and running ability. Maybe he's an unsalvageable bust when all is said and done, but IMO the jury's still out.

You think being given a starting position on a dysfunctional poorly coached team is an indicator of success?

Now I see the flaw in your evaluation process…

If Jacoby is going to be doing what he was hired for (helping the rookie QB adjust to being a pro) how is it not troubling that not the starter but the back up in Washington were shipped out?

There's a major flaw in the argument if Jacoby only job is to help the rookies grow.

Last edited:
As for the entitlement? This isn't how it works. Every season is played with the goal to win the championship. There are no years off.

Thus demonstrating that that's exactly how it works. This is the attitude of someone who has Tom Brady on the roster. where the talent is there to win now, you don't take years off, the Saints learned that the hard way. But take a good look up and down this roster and tell me we should be pouringg resources in trying to compete now, when by not doing so we can have a better chance to compete in 3 years.

Go on, look at me and, with a straight face, try to tell me that.

Thus demonstrating that that's exactly how it works. This is the attitude of someone who has Tom Brady on the roster. where the talent is there to win now, you don't take years off, the Saints learned that the hard way. But take a good look up and down this roster and tell me we should be pouringg resources in trying to compete now, when by not doing so we can have a better chance to compete in 3 years.

Go on, look at me and, with a straight face, try to tell me that.

I will not capitulate the point that we need to lose because we did too much winning. Unacceptable. What you're saying is that there are years where we as a fans should just take the year off because the team is. Somehow I think that would not be in Kraft's best financial interest.

Based on sample size Brissett will have a decade plus long career, if Mac or Zappe turn the ball over like before on a new team they might be out of the league in a couple years. Brissett is already a better starter.

I will not capitulate the point that we need to lose because we did too much winning.

LOL that's not the point. We need to lose because we failed to keep winning. We've already tried to do this thing yoru'e talking about, and we failed to consistently hit on enough talent to sustain it, then crashed and burnt because we lived in denial for the last 2 years.

you're looking at a burnt out ruin of blackened timbers and shattered dreams and asking how to get to your apartment on the third floor. We're way past that point.

Based on sample size Brissett will have a decade plus long career, if Mac or Zappe turn the ball over like before on a new team they might be out of the league in a couple years. Brissett is already a better starter.
Wozzy I am going on record and say Fans will be calling for Biscuits removal after Game 3 he doesn't bring anything to a Team. I can't believe the Krafts are trying to sell this current product we have a long long long way to go.

If Jacoby is going to be doing what he was hired for (helping the rookie QB adjust to being a pro) how is it not troubling that not the starter but the back up in Washington were shipped out?

Jacoby couldn't keep Pickett from being a entitled ******* could he?

There's a major flaw in the argument if Jacoby only job is to help the rookies grow.
Jacoby doesn’t ensure your rookie QB will succeed, he makes sure there’s a median level of production and support if he doesn’t.

Washington? For the majority of this past season they led the entire NFL in sacks until the Giants overtook them.

Again the major flaw in your argument is pointing to the worst run franchises in football and saying “what went wrong there?”

If the pick shows in camp he is ready to lead this team by all means let him play. I'm a big believer in you don't get better by standing on the sideline, there is no developmental league in the NFL it's called practice! Look at guys like Jennings, who really balled out with a starting role for example. But Brissett I'd rather have as an option than Mac or Zapp

Wozzy I am going on record and say Fans will be calling for Biscuits removal after Game 3 he doesn't bring anything to a Team. I can't believe the Krafts are trying to sell this current product we have a long long long way to go.
Brissett isn’t amazing or explosive, but he does the job and doesn’t turn the ball over. We have his stats as a starter available to us, he’s already better than Mac.

How long they have to go will be determined by how well they draft and finish out free agency. Nobody knows the answer to that yet.

Jacoby doesn’t ensure your rookie QB will succeed, he makes sure there’s a median level of production and support if he doesn’t.

Washington? For the majority of this past season they led the entire NFL in sacks until the Giants overtook them.

Again the major flaw in your argument is pointing to the worst run franchises in football and saying “what went wrong there?”
Like we weren't on their heels the last two years BB was fired Woozzy.

Brissett isn’t amazing or explosive, but he does the job and doesn’t turn the ball over. We have his stats as a starter available to us, he’s already better than Mac.

How long they have to go will be determined by how well they draft and finish out free agency. Nobody knows the answer to that yet.
He's steady, great locker room guy, will run AVPs offense. But as I said to my guy @PatsFan2

If the pick shows he's ready by all means let him play!

If the pick shows in camp he is ready to lead this team by all means let him play. I'm a big believer in you don't get better by standing on the sideline, there is no developmental league in the NFL it's called practice! Look at guys like Jennings, who really balled out with a starting role for example. But Brissett I'd rather have as an option than Mac or Zapp
Agree here, if the rookie is ready immediately we’ll probably never see Brissett start. But you have Brissett just in case he isn’t.

LOL that's not the point. We need to lose because we failed to keep winning. We've already tried to do this thing yoru'e talking about, and we failed to consistently hit on enough talent to sustain it, then crashed and burnt because we lived in denial for the last 2 years.

you're looking at a burnt out ruin of blackened timbers and shattered dreams and asking how to get to your apartment on the third floor. We're way past that point.

Yes. The last 4 years was a waste and we got to start over.

It doesn't mean you don't spend money because you aren't expecting to compete next year.

If Jacoby is our starting QB then pack it in. They ain't trying and it ain't worth acting like they are.

Not that I expect him to be the starter.

Like we weren't on their heels the last two years BB was fired Woozzy.
The Pat’s had a top five defense, their offense was a mess because they missed on the QB and their OLine was one of the most injured units in football.

Washington was simply a dysfunctional mess from top to bottom.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back