PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ferentz waived

I’m hoping it was strained not torn and they’re taking time to make sure he’s 100% and better conditioned to avoid a relapse.

That's what I was assuming -- a strain.

And one person believes that Ferentz only got the position because of nepotism.. Not because he's been a capable player.
I wonder who that was....

No he hasn't, not really... He's more often than not made situations worse in fact.
I view Ferentz as one of the most underwhelming roster occupiers in the BB era.

All you need to know about Ferentz is that as many times as he’s been released, no other team ever signs him to their roster.

All you need to know about Ferentz is that as many times as he’s been released, no other team ever signs him to their roster.
No he played for DEN and was on HOU PS

Does seem odd. Calf injury and it's 1/2 the season.

Gotta think he tore it. I strained my calf bad once and it was a good 5 weeks to heal but I was 47 lol.

**** i slipped going down my stairs the other night.....thought i tore it.....def strained the attachment on the inner top of the muscle......right in the middle of hunting season, too.....taking it easy at work during the day, lots of ice......so i can hunt after work haha

**** i slipped going down my stairs the other night.....thought i tore it.....def strained the attachment on the inner top of the muscle......right in the middle of hunting season, too.....taking it easy at work during the day, lots of ice......so i can hunt after work haha
Ugh that sucks. Walking boot might help so you can hunt?

Ugh that sucks. Walking boot might help so you can hunt?

i've been wrapping it.......it's waaayyyy better than it was Friday, and my afternoon hunts after work are low key.......i still managed to tack on a couple slow miles saturday, and unless i re-injure it, i'll be fine for the 4 day weekend coming up......which is good, i've got work to do.....i've only managed to fill one doe tag so far, still gotta find a decent buck and fill 3 more doe tags ;)

every 50th step or so i catch some funky uneven ground and it shoots the pain pretty good......but friday i was taking little baby steps and only walking on my heel, it was pathetic lol

No he played for DEN and was on HOU PS

Ferentz isn't a guy I know much about or remember. One day he just seemed to show up.

I was shocked to see he's 32. I thought Ferentz was just an UFA young guy whose been around a few years, but not that many.

He's carved out six years in the NFL.

Can't he practice before he's activated?
Sure for several weeks. But if they are going to activate him on Sunday, they will need to clear a spot.

Ferentz isn't a guy I know much about or remember. One day he just seemed to show up.

I was shocked to see he's 32. I thought Ferentz was just an UFA young guy whose been around a few years, but not that many.

He's carved out six years in the NFL.
Yep and he took a year off to coach with his dad.

I would not be surprised in the least if he wound up on the coaching staff in 2022 replacing Popovitch.

i've been wrapping it.......it's waaayyyy better than it was Friday, and my afternoon hunts after work are low key.......i still managed to tack on a couple slow miles saturday, and unless i re-injure it, i'll be fine for the 4 day weekend coming up......which is good, i've got work to do.....i've only managed to fill one doe tag so far, still gotta find a decent buck and fill 3 more doe tags ;)

every 50th step or so i catch some funky uneven ground and it shoots the pain pretty good......but friday i was taking little baby steps and only walking on my heel, it was pathetic lol
Good luck!

Not a hunter myself but LOVE venison. Buddy of mine who hunts makes pulled venison BBQ. He vacuum seals some for me every year. It's incredible

Sure for several weeks. But if they are going to activate him on Sunday, they will need to clear a spot.
Not so sure they'd do that this far ahead. But, it's definitely possible.

No he hasn't, not really... He's more often than not made situations worse in fact.
Another false narrative on your part. Ferentz filled in capably when Andrews was on IR and Karras went down 2 years ago. He saw spot time last year and also proved capable. Heck, he proved capable THIS year. The problem right now is that the Pats have 4 OTs on the "53" roster and need a space for Trent Brown..

Yep and he took a year off to coach with his dad.

I would not be surprised in the least if he wound up on the coaching staff in 2022 replacing Popovitch.
It's interesting that Patriots.com still has Popovich listed as part of the Coaching Staff. I think that 2022 will see the league drop all the Covid BS. Though I think that the changes to IR will become permanent. I think both the players and league want that.

It's interesting that Patriots.com still has Popovich listed as part of the Coaching Staff. I think that 2022 will see the league drop all the Covid BS. Though I think that the changes to IR will become permanent. I think both the players and league want that.
It's odd it took this long for IR to get to this point, it seems beneficial for all parties. You still need to be under the cap, so I don't really see a way it's a hindrance to owners or a way to maneuver roster spots.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back