PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fantastic NFL.com Profile on Mac Jones (history, anecdotes)

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score

Long read.

1. He laughs a lot and is goofy, teammates call him Joker.
2. He's ultra competitive
3. He hates throwing INTs so much he refused to force passes as scout team QB which pissed off Saban.
3. He butts helmets pregame with teammates like Brady used to, he gets psyched up for games. He gets so excited after touchdowns he still holds the extra point kicks to calm himself down.
4. He models his training after watching Tom vs Time.
5. After a freshman year DUI, all he does now is live in the gym and film room and he doesn't go out.

Last edited:

Here is the link to the hit by Hutchinson in the Citrus Bowl...

Quote from his mom about how he transformed during college to become obsessed with football. Like when Brady decided to stay at Michigan.

Sorry ,I didn't realize you had posted the link to this article already.

It's all good. This kid Mac is a great pick. He studies film, super competitive, but also a great teammate. The best thing he can do is get a tiny apartment near Foxboro and basically be at Gilette Stadium 18 hours a day for the next 24 months. Soak up everything , study film and NFL defenses and the Patriots playbook. Also call Tom House immediately.

Not sure where to put this but it shows a bit of Mac Jones' prankster personality, they made a funny spoof video. His teammates call him Joker for his laugh but also a competitive streak underneath:

Jesus

Defensive end Aidan Hutchinson, flagged for roughing the passer on the play, leveraged his body weight to drive Jones' head into the turf. One of Jones' molars split into pieces. He was spitting blood and chunks of his tooth. A commemorative jersey patch was half torn by Hutchinson's hit, and Jones ripped it off and tossed it to the turf

Trainers stepped toward him; Jones yelled for them to stay off the field, and he didn't miss a play.

Long read.

1. He laughs a lot and is goofy, teammates call him Joker.
2. He's ultra competitive
3. He hates throwing INTs so much he refused to force passes as scout team QB which pissed off Saban.
3. He butts helmets pregame with teammates like Brady used to, he gets psyched up for games. He gets so excited after touchdowns he still holds the extra point kicks to calm himself down.
4. He models his training after watching Tom vs Time.
5. After a freshman year DUI, all he does now is live in the gym and film room and he doesn't go out.

Obviously not the diet part, and what gym was that? There one in Shipley's donut parking lot?
I like the pick, but this was over the top when the evidence is clear that he needs work on his mid section. He is young and I will not mind if he goes on Brady's diet without AG.

Obviously not the diet part, and what gym was that? There one in Shipley's donut parking lot?

I don't think the chubby photo was at the combine. But even so who cares? Not bad if he ran a 4.7 chubby. More importantly, he can definitely shift in the pocket and buy time.

Get him on Pliability. Call up Tom House and optimize throwing. Alkaline dinner. Avocado ice cream. Obsession towards film study.
You know who looks good with his shirt off? NKeal Harry and he sucks...

Last edited:
This is such a cliche saying but I feel like Mac has the intangibles. Tough, hard working, smart, extremely dedicated to his craft, a leader. Oh and he is pretty damn good on the field too.

His production numbers are ridiculous! The most difficult conference in the country (SEC).. Even on videogames in Madden , just try to throw for 77% completions passing, it's incredible. This kid put up the best adjusted completion rating, EVER. If he stays humble and works his ass off (live at Gilette stadium and Foxboro 18 hrs/day), he has a great future.

Sorry ,I didn't realize you had posted the link to this article already.
You don’t have to apologize to him, because I posted the article in the main Mac Jones thread, where it belongs, before he started a new thread. so he did exact same thing that you did. ;)

You don’t have to apologize to him, because I posted the article in the main Mac Jones thread, where it belongs, before he started a new thread. so he did exact same thing that you did. ;)

Thanks brother. I think this article is so good it warranted its own anecdotes thread.

I like the pick, but this was over the top when the evidence is clear that he needs work on his mid section. He is young and I will not mind if he goes on Brady's diet without AG.
Too many late night visits to Panda Wok.

Too many late night visits to Panda Wok.

If he's got Brady's build in 2000 but still ran a 4.7 40, who cares? It's impossible to throw for 77% even in Madden sitting on the coach. This kid if he studies for 18hrs/day in Foxboro, this kid is IT. Pats-Bucs in Feb'22

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back