PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FanDuel: Pats -190 to sign Cam Newton (now +220)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton and Rosen aren’t close to top 10 QBs in the league. Stidham doesn’t have to be as good as
Mahomes
Rodgers
Brees
Roethlisberger
Jackson
Watson
Wentz
Prescott
Cousins
Ryan
Wilson
Or whoever else you would put in the top 10 (I listed 11) to be preferred to dalton or Rosen.
I could list quite a few more that are better than dalton or Rosen.

I guess that I can only wait and see if Belichick has pulled off his miracle, with no Plan B needed.

Let's see if I have this right.

The data so far indicates that Belichick went into the 2019 draft knowing that Brady would be likely be gone for 2020. Of all the quarterbacks in the draft and available by other means, Belichick chose Stidham to lead the team. After the 2019 season, Belichick concluded that his 2019 draft assessment was correct, and that Stidham is so good that no competition is needed, and that Hoyer is here as the emergency QB should Stidham miss some time.

If a 35 year old Brady were the QB and Hoyer the backup, Belichick wouldn't draft a QB, or sign someone from another team. And so it is with Stidham, who Belichick has chosen as Brady's successor.

There have been many, many Belichick decisions in the past 20 years, most of which have worked out very well indeed. This is, for me, the most difficult to understand. Apparently, in 2019 Belichick chose to dump Brady and then chose Stidham as his replacement, and then gave the team no Plan B if Stidham isn't up to the task when the season begins, and no camp competition before the season. Belichick is that committed to Stidham.
====
Many folks here are fine with this. For them, a top 10 pick would an a asset to help us get a QB in 2021.

If Belichick doesn't bring in Dalton or Rosen or another, I would conclude that he believes that Stidham is a top 10 quarterback in the league.

Those are quite the mental gymnastics here.

I guess that I can only wait and see if Belichick has pulled off his miracle, with no Plan B needed.

Let's see if I have this right.

The data so far indicates that Belichick went into the 2019 draft knowing that Brady would be likely be gone for 2020. Of all the quarterbacks in the draft and available by other means, Belichick chose Stidham to lead the team. After the 2019 season, Belichick concluded that his 2019 draft assessment was correct, and that Stidham is so good that no competition is needed, and that Hoyer is here as the emergency QB should Stidham miss some time.

If a 35 year old Brady were the QB and Hoyer the backup, Belichick wouldn't draft a QB, or sign someone from another team. And so it is with Stidham, who Belichick has chosen as Brady's successor.

There have been many, many Belichick decisions in the past 20 years, most of which have worked out very well indeed. This is, for me, the most difficult to understand. Apparently, in 2019 Belichick chose to dump Brady and then chose Stidham as his replacement, and then gave the team no Plan B if Stidham isn't up to the task when the season begins, and no camp competition before the season. Belichick is that committed to Stidham.
====
Many folks here are fine with this. For them, a top 10 pick would an a asset to help us get a QB in 2021.
Not sure where all that comes from.
I was responding to your contention that not signing dalton or Rosen means bb considers Stidham a top 10 QB.

It’s funny media roasted us for AB and drafting the kicker but now is questioning why we haven’t signed Jameis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back