Falcons vs Eagles Game Discussion

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Falcons favored by 2.5/3.0 so far.

Last edited:
I think the Falcons DL is going to absolutely pound Foles into submission. If it were Wentz, I think the Eagles cruise. But Foles is no Wentz.

Falcons should definitely win but it would be downright hilarious if the Eagles somehow won this game!

I think the eagles will be motivated. Foles still has to play decent though. I am still not impressed by the falcons.

Don't sleep on Eagles defense. They are motivated by the underdog role and as one player said, " we're not the Browns".......A ball control offense, heavy doses of Blount and Ajayi with a short passing game to TEs and they could pull it out if the defense steps up and their DBs show up......

Just tell Blount that he's playing the Colts....
2 playoff games and 54 carries for 316 yds ( 5.8 ypc) but in 6 other playoff game,s it was 57 carries for 156 yds or 2.7 ypc.
If non Colts Blount shows up, the Eagles won't win....

Last edited:
I think the Falcons DL is going to absolutely pound Foles into submission. If it were Wentz, I think the Eagles cruise. But Foles is no Wentz.
#1 seed underdog, everyone picking Atlanta, dome team going outside....feels kinda like when everyone had us beating Denver in 2015. I think Eagles win 20-10.

Last edited:
Think this game is a lose and lose. If Falcons win they are beat up outside and have to go to the Dome to beat Brees or the Vikings at home that just beat Saints.
If Eagles team wins this game they have to play Vikings or Saints at home, but Eagles are not winning 2 games in the playoffs with Foles.
The Eagles with Foles are still a better team than the Falcons, so wouldn't surprise me that the Eagles beat the Falcons at home after hearing they are the Cleveland Browns of the playoff. Im sure they are pissed.
Foles won't win this game but the Eagles team could.

My heart and wallet says Eagles. Ultimately I hope it's a competitive game to help pass the time before kickoff.

The falcons are winning this game. Wire to wire

#1 seed underdog, everyone picking Atlanta, dome team going outside....feels kinda like when everyone had us beating Denver in 2015. I think Eagles win 20-10.

Phila also has the #1 Run D and a DLine that can after the QB. And a secondary that can make you pay.

2 weeks to put Foles in an ideal spot.

If I'm Phila I'm establishing the run early and making a point. Reach Poe, Crisp cut off Jarrett and let the big boys run on the smaller falcons defense.

Phila also has the advantage in both trenches.

I already went over this game a lot. I'll just say these points.

#1 Rarely do we get a playoff round with no upsets. It won't be the Pats so one of the Steelers/Falcons is very likely.
#2 Dome teams don't travel well in the playoffs.
#3 Falcons run hot and cold. 2 hot games do not mean they can't be bad this game.
#4 That Philly D matches up well. They will force Ryan to beat them alone. He isn't good at carrying the day alone.
#5 The Falcons D is built around just a few player really. The Philly O is equipped to deal with them all.

I see this as a game the Eagles can control defensively and the things the Falcons hope to stop them with will mostly be ineffective.

The Eagles game plan should be on defense to stop the run and get in Ryan's face. With the game on his shoulders see if he takes bad sacks or throws Ints. Get him to throw 40+ times.

On offense don't challenge Trufant. You have a lot of weapons. Let him take out who he wants to take out and move on. Don't get pushed around up the middle. They have a good Center so that shouldn't happen. Run the ball well and don't force anything. You can win a low scoring game so act like it.

I think the Eagles take it.

I’m hoping eagles, but I think falcons win

The Falcons may have a statistically improved defense, but they're very finesse. The Eagles have a very physical running game that should have a lot of success in the cold today.

I also don't see Matt Ryan having a good day on the road in cold weather against a good defense.

Eagles will smash them.

I picked Falcons and will be happy to be wrong.

Going to my neighbor’s eagles playoff party. Gonna bring some Kleenex.

I don’t think the eagles will be able to establish the run. The falcons D has found its form. Throw in the fact they can probably load the box if they absolutely have to considering the corners they have and the QB they are facing

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back