PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethanga62890

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Excited to see this matchup. Glad to be up against the best NFL franchise in the past 20 years. Gotta beat the best to be the best. This is also one year the super bowl definitely has the 2 best teams in it for certain.

Both teams destroyed the competition in front of them. Number 1 d vs number 1 o. Should be a great game. Ryan and Brady are both playing with surgical precision this year (minus a subpar performance against the Texans).

Bad luck to your team Feb 5th (except with injuries only performance related)

PS I already had an account here. I don't recall ever joining lol

It is tough not to like the Falcons.

I can see why 95% of the country would be rooting for them.

Everyone wants to see the juggernaut with all the titles get knocked off.

Add to that the Falcons actually are a pretty likable team between Ryan, Jones, and Freeman. Of course, they'd be even more of a Hollywood story if they still had someone like Tony Gonzalez or Steven Jackson, a well established vet still looking for their first ring.

Sorry, I'm selfish. I'll still be rooting for our 5th title even if it's at the expense of denying your team its first.

Should be a good game though.

Welcome to the board!

(respectful, knowledgeable opponent Fans always welcome)

Atlanta has a lot of NE ties and a couple years ago IIRC Arthur Blank even said he was trying to model his operations on NE.
So, I dont think we'll have a lot of 'hatred' going on, but just good-natured rivalry /fan-bashing. Sports as it should be.

But If you want to see posting on the other side, dont pass up the "JESTER's Suck" thread.

It is tough not to like the Falcons.

I can see why 95% of the country would be rooting for them.

Everyone wants to see the juggernaut with all the titles get knocked off.

Add to that the Falcons actually are a pretty likable team between Ryan, Jones, and Freeman. Of course, they'd be even more of a Hollywood story if they still had someone like Tony Gonzalez or Steven Jackson, a well established vet still looking for their first ring.

Sorry, I'm selfish. I'll still be rooting for our 5th title even if it's at the expense of denying your team its first.

Should be a good game though.
most people I've seen respect the pats and want to mimic them. They're just jealous they can't. Thanks for dimitroff btw.

That's not selfish. That's your team. I want the falcons to dismantle the patriots like the 85 bears did. I'm also realistic and know that won't happen. Every super bowl under BB has been decided by 4 or less. I expect that to continue.

Have a couple close buddies who are pats fans. One makes me want to feed him crow so bad it's annoying the other we have an agreement to not speak for a week after the game lol.

Edit: this will probably score points. **** every NY team in existence. Hate them all since I was sucking my mom's teets

most people I've seen respect the pats and want to mimic them. They're just jealous they can't. Thanks for dimitroff btw.

That's not selfish. That's your team. I want the falcons to dismantle the patriots like the 85 bears did. I'm also realistic and know that won't happen. Every super bowl under BB has been decided by 4 or less. I expect that to continue.

Have a couple close buddies who are pats fans. One makes me want to feed him crow so bad it's annoying the other we have an agreement to not speak for a week after the game lol.

Edit: this will probably score points. **** every NY team in existence. Hate them all since I was sucking my mom's teets
I never got to do that

And that's ok....:cool:

Yep. Like any other year if we lose, 98% of me will want to burn then world to the ground. But this year the other 2% of me will actually be happy for the Falcons

Falcons K Matt Bryant is from the same town as me. So while a Pats loss would be disappointing, I have a built in consolation prize in this Super Bowl.

The falcons are the pedigree of the patriots, from management to the QB, all learned part of their game from the Pats player and organizations. Ryan learned his coolness under pressure by watching Brady winning 3 superbowls while he was playing for Boston College.

The falcons are the pedigree of the patriots, from management to the QB, all learned part of their game from the Pats player and organizations. Ryan learned his coolness under pressure by watching Brady winning 3 superbowls while he was playing for Boston College.
is that supposed to be a bad thing lol

Don't think us for Dimitrov. Tommy was able to get your team from a bottom feeder of a franchise to something respectible. But if you really want to thank us, thank us for Scott Piolli. HE is the one that was the backbone of your last 2 successful drafts and FINALLY starting to bring in the kind of defensive players that will win games rather than stack up offensive stats.

I think this defense is on the right track and better than most Pats fans think. It's just too bad that you got to the superbowl just a year too early with the Defense. It might have been enough against a decent offense like KC or the Steelers, but they will have to play against the 2ND best offense in the league. One which is just a hair below yours, and would have been even greater with Gronk.

So here are the basics. The best offense in the league is going to go against a top 5 defense in the league, while a defense who rank puts them in the mid 20's, but has improved, is gong to have to go against the 2nd best offense in the league. That shouldn't make you comfortable.

All that being said, like all football games between 2 good teams, this one won't be different. After all the BS anayalis the results of this game will turn on 2 things: Which team gets TDs rather than FG's in the red zone, and which team creates more turnovers. This hasn't changed for the last 100 years. I don't see why it will now

Excited to see this matchup. Glad to be up against the best NFL franchise in the past 20 years. Gotta beat the best to be the best. This is also one year the super bowl definitely has the 2 best teams in it for certain.

Both teams destroyed the competition in front of them. Number 1 d vs number 1 o. Should be a great game. Ryan and Brady are both playing with surgical precision this year (minus a subpar performance against the Texans).

Bad luck to your team Feb 5th (except with injuries only performance related)

PS I already had an account here. I don't recall ever joining lol

Welcome to the board. I hope you almost win!

As others have said, hard to not like the Falcons. Matty Ice, Julio...all seem like pros.

First time I really watched them this year was against Seattle a couple of weeks ago, and I thought, "wow, this isn't a fluke - these guys really are good."

Not sure if you're in the Atlanta area or not but just let you know Dan Shankessy is not the voice of Patriot fans. He is just a clickbait contrarian that ruffles feathers for clicks. If you or any of your buddies feel the need to fly up here and beat him into a can of Shank juice I'll help you with the directions. Hell I might even start a tab for you at the Beantown Pub. :D

As far as the Falcon's go it's a good story to see Ryan step up into the elite's of the league and he has deservedly won the MVP this year. Funny how a new Offensive Coordinator can change a guy's career. Kyle Shanahan has been a blessing for Ryan.

As far as the game goes it should be an exciting game if both teams bring their A games.

They say it's hard to return - SB participants often don't make the playoffs next years, esp in the NFC for some reason.

In the NFC South, New Orleans has rebuilding to do, Tampa Bay might be a contender. I wonder about Carolina...did everything go right for them last year followed by injuries this year?

Welcome!

As someone else said, the Board always welcomes thoughtful and polite posters from other teams and Ian manages to weed out the others pretty quickly.

With Dimitroff and Pioli, the Falcons have a lot of Foxboro in their DNA.

This is Dan Quinn's third SB in four years, so he'll take a bit of the edge off the experience gap with the Pats in the game. I actually think that Vegas would have had the game as a "Pick-'em" if over half the Pats team hadn't played in Arizona two years ago and if this weren't Belichick and Brady's seventh. I think it's Gostkowski's fourth.

I think many New Englanders have a soft spot for Matty Ice. With all his talent, I'm not smart enough to know why it took him so long to get to this game, but if he were playing anybody but the Pats, I'd be pulling for him.

Welcome, again!

Welcome!

As someone else said, the Board always welcomes thoughtful and polite posters from other teams and Ian manages to weed out the others pretty quickly.

With Dimitroff and Pioli, the Falcons have a lot of Foxboro in their DNA.

This is Dan Quinn's third SB in four years, so he'll take a bit of the edge off the experience gap with the Pats in the game. I actually think that Vegas would have had the game as a "Pick-'em" if over half the Pats team hadn't played in Arizona two years ago and if this weren't Belichick and Brady's seventh. I think it's Gostkowski's fourth.

I think many New Englanders have a soft spot for Matty Ice. With all his talent, I'm not smart enough to know why it took him so long to get to this game, but if he were playing anybody but the Pats, I'd be pulling for him.

Welcome, again!

They switched offensive coordinators two years ago. They went from a long ball type offense to more of a west coast play action pass type offense. Seems to made a big difference for Ryan.

Welcome back

This super bowl reminds me of last year's super bowl where you had a top scoring defense (Broncos) vs. the top scoring offense (panthers). Also, Carolina demolished Arizona in the NFCCG, similar to the way Atlanta defeated GB this year. Hopefully, defense wins the championship again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back