PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could be thin at LB and CB in 2020.

LB, yes: Hightower and Bentley, maybe Sam. They'll need to sign or extend somebody (Collins/KVN, or FA).

I believe that CB starts with these guys signed for 2020: Gilmore, Jackson, McCourty, Williams plus one or two of Crossen and Dawson (if they make the team this year). 2019 will tell us if that's adequate going into 2020.

I don't see how we are thin at CB with Gilmore, McCourty, Jackson and Williams. One way to consider this is to think of Jones or a draftee as the #5. And yes, there is possibility that Crossen or Dawson will still be here, either on the 53 or the Practice Squad.

LB, yes: Hightower and Bentley, maybe Sam. They'll need to sign or extend somebody (Collins/KVN, or FA).

I believe that CB starts with these guys signed for 2020: Gilmore, Jackson, McCourty, Williams plus one or two of Crossen and Dawson (if they make the team this year). 2019 will tell us if that's adequate going into 2020.

Gilmore might still have a good season or 2 in him at age 30 however McCourty will be 33 and I have a hard time seeing him on the roster in 2020. Williams, Dawson and Crossen are unproven and might or might not be good.

Gilmore might still have a good season or 2 in him at age 30 however McCourty will be 33 and I have a hard time seeing him on the roster in 2020. Williams, Dawson and Crossen are unproven and might or might not be good.

Having Gilmore and Jackson and three guys who are very talented and had a year to prove themselves is a very good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News