PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extend Rex !

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEASTHEAD

Let’s not forget that Burkmeister was highly sought after by BB personally. He’s the definition of what BB values in a Patriot player.

Last edited:
The guy bet on himself. Seems like he's winning the bet despite injuries. Extend please.

Also answers heated discussions did they brought him for RB or ST. Both. +WR

RB

WR

ST

I think we should extend every player that ever has a good game! To do anything else is just BB the GM killing BB the headcoach

Cincinnati has to be wondering wtf they were thinking.
Haha oh ya.big time. The pats seem to have a knack for getting the most out these players that other teams just see as JAGs

Rex WOWS me with his high IQ and instincts...he always finds an opening in the zone D..and he's athletic enough to beat man coverage. Running wise, he explodes into the hole, has good vision, tough to tackle. Sign him to a 4 year deal. Big part of our future. He fits in perfectly

Honestly..I think he makes a good RB in this league, but could make a GREAT slot WR..I would think about switching him to the slot full time next year if we find a good RB2 behind Dion Lewis...just a suggestion.

Da Burkmeister

I think we should extend every player that ever has a good game! To do anything else is just BB the GM killing BB the headcoach

To be fair it was his second amazing game in a row (after he was sidelined w concussion/rib inj. most of the time). Also no way denying he's unique: he's not your regular runner, he's a wiggler and that's not easy to stop. He seems like a serpent finding its way through a pile of bodies. He looks like he swims through defences. Look how he drags himself to 1st down in first play of the video. 4th and short seems like a done deal (BB easy to give a nod). And despite all the wiggling he has uncanny body control (look at blocked punt slow-mo . avoiding hitting the punter). A wiggle dance for easy 9 yds after that - his trademark. He did this all day to Raven's top run D when they finally gave him a chance in CIN. Last but not least: look what he makes of a difficult 1st down run from NE 6yd line..

I might be biased since I really wanted him here and thought it would be a perfect match, a perfect Pat 4 down player. Was quite disappointed about the 1yr deal.

BTW - this DEN run D was supposed to be #1 in the league..

Here a great compilation of his plays yesterday:

Last edited:
To be fair it was his second amazing game in a row. Also no way denying he's unique: he's not your regular runner, he's a wiggler and that's not easy to stop. He seems like a serpent finding its way through a pile of bodies. He looks like he swims through defences. Look how he drags himself to 1st down in first play of the video.

I might be biased since I really wanted him here and thought it would be a perfect match, a perfect Pat 4 down player. Was quite disappointed about the 1yr deal.

BTW - this DEN run D was supposed to be #1 in the league..

Here a great compilation of his plays yesterday.

Don't get me wrong LongD, Burk has looked great since his return. Run, catch, STs the guy is hitting it. But decision making after a couple of good games is knee jerk. Let's see a longer sample of keeping it up and staying healthy. If he can do that through the next 6 games I'm on board!

Don't get me wrong LongD, Burk has looked great since his return. Run, catch, STs the guy is hitting it. But decision making after a couple of good games is knee jerk. Let's see a longer sample of keeping it up and staying healthy. If he can do that through the next 6 games I'm on board!

Sorry, didn't finish the post, now edited: he did this every time he got the chance. It's not his fault CIN went with more traditional RBs. Maybe they were scared of his style. When they finally played him he unleashed the wiggler. It was too late for them - he wanted out. He is obviously very smart and self-confident: not a small matter to sign a rich 1y deal w BB (esp. for NE RB by committee). And lets not forget @NO; also the fact that he continued to play through rib injury on ST!

Just hope his share of injuries for this season is behind him. His all-round threat is a game changer, not unlike Gronk..

BTW - Can't remember him losing a yd yet (unlike D-Lew;))

ps
If he does this for another 6 weeks he might price himself out of here..;)

Last edited:
BB knows how to maximize the talents of Burkhead, meanwhile in Cincinnati the *********** continues as Burfict is ready for another suspension as he triumphantly exited the field, "spirited play" by Vontez. .

BTW the Cincinnati Bengals are now 3 & 6....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back