PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excited for more LB E. Roberts? Thoughts on his development here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdangle

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Last week I was psyched we had this kid from nowhere for amazing LB depth. Well... what a difference a week makes, is all i can say i guess. Here's cumulative PFF week 7 grades for NE linebackers. Collins overall a 90. But Roberts -a 8g rookie- a very respectable 82! I'd bet Collins was not playing at this level after his first 8 games as a rookie. So even though we see a drop off now, factoring in improvement, I'm excited to see what he evolves into. How quickly, and how good he gets. BB went all in. He's got good numbers to start, lets see how his development continues.

yoXwZ3W.png

Last edited:
Surprised no one commented on this thread. I am excited to see him this week. Roberts has clearly flashed and i do expect it to continue. The question is how he handles the work load. The Pats ask their LBs to take a pounding and so small guys don't tend to do well in BB's 4-2-5 at LB.

I think Seattle will be a good team to start with as they like to run the ball which Roberts shows he defends well. Hopefully he develops well over the next 8 games. Maybe he has a Butler moment in the playoffs when the young rookie out of no where makes that big play to clinch something.

I question these rankings though but the eye test says he is ready.

Surprised no one commented on this thread. I am excited to see him this week. Roberts has clearly flashed and i do expect it to continue. The question is how he handles the work load. The Pats ask their LBs to take a pounding and so small guys don't tend to do well in BB's 4-2-5 at LB.

I think Seattle will be a good team to start with as they like to run the ball which Roberts shows he defends well. Hopefully he develops well over the next 8 games. Maybe he has a Butler moment in the playoffs when the young rookie out of no where makes that big play to clinch something.

I question these rankings though but the eye test says he is ready.

Because there is already a thread on Roberts and this is PFF stuff which is at best sketchy.

the real question for me is how does Van Noy fit into this puzzle?

excited for Roberts but also excited to see how Van Noy and Mingo fit into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes