PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excellent Ben Volin article on the Titans game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this article any good? I already wasted 5 minutes reading psycho Gregg Doyel tonight. I do not to repeat a mistake.

This image was captured as "K. Dog" was making this thread:

DPmxMevVoAAqc_j.jpg

Is this article any good? I already wasted 5 minutes reading psycho Gregg Doyel tonight. I do not to repeat a mistake.
Yes, it actually is quite a useful and informative breakdown of how the Patriots set up plays and how those become more effective as a result.

Edit: It also breaks down a number of different players, including James Harrison's usage (finally). Good article.

Last edited:
MCI goes on offense

@SEA_Pat I just now paraphrased/quoted Volin's analysis of Harrison's impact on the Titans game in the article in another Harrison thread I had started before the Volin articl came out. That paraphrase is here: Request: analysis of James Harrison impact versus Titans .

Summary: Harrison had a significant impact, even on the pass rush by freeing Trey Flowers from the LT to concentrate on the RT; he played in both run and pass coverage; both man and zone. 57 snaps in 2 games (30 in titans game) versus 40 all season for Steelers; drew penalty; Henry tackle; started in run D then later moved to pass D - perhaps because run D forced passer to pass.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Ben Volin or whatever he is supposed to have done. He's just the author of the article, which was a very good article, which is why I used his name in the title of the post about the article.

Usually, when he's described around here, we skip the oxy part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back