PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Everyone’s been saying the dynasty might be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Despite Patriots Loss, End of Dynasty Talk Can Wait For Some Other Day

Bob George

End of an era' Save that for March when some famous quarterback’s contract expires.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

They won the Super Bowl less than a year ago. The Dynasty isn’t over and won’t be over until BB is gone.

And the Pats lost 20-13. Not 14-13.

Also, even if Gronk came out of retirement in November, the writing on the wall was there for quite some time. There’s no excuse for BB not drafting a replacement last year or the year before that.

Agreed one ‘down’ year doesn’t mean its over. That said a few things need to happen for us to become a serious sb threat next year:

- Harry and/or sanu need to emerge as reliable secondary options behind edelman.

-need to find a te who can block and catch consistently

- andrews and develin come back strong

- need a good draft this year. Hopefully get our te this way and build depth at aging positions. If thuney walks need one of the injured ol from last years draft to step in. If jmac is let go for cap relief need Joejuan to step in

I don’t think its all that far fetched but it will take a good offseason and /or development in certain areas, plus resign brady for 2020 and we can make at least one more run.

My take is that we need to give the entire topic a rest for a few weeks or months.

Agreed one ‘down’ year doesn’t mean its over. That said a few things need to happen for us to become a serious sb threat next year:

- Harry and/or sanu need to emerge as reliable secondary options behind edelman.

-need to find a te who can block and catch consistently

- andrews and develin come back strong

- need a good draft this year. Hopefully get our te this way and build depth at aging positions. If thuney walks need one of the injured ol from last years draft to step in. If jmac is let go for cap relief need Joejuan to step in

I don’t think its all that far fetched but it will take a good offseason and /or development in certain areas, plus resign brady for 2020 and we can make at least one more run.

No way Brady comes back unless a legit #1 receiver and good to great TE is added. Just my opinon. He will be 43. Cannot "Hope" certain guys step up. BB needs to get him help. What Brady had to work with Saturday was an embarrassment.

There isn’t a huge drop off in Brady’s throwing abilities. Now is he the qb he was in 2007? No but if you bring him back and surround him with some decent weapons, he can make the throws and win you games. Brady has been around for such a long time that he is basically another O coordinator on the field.

Since the loss on Saturday the vultures have been circling. All this talk about the dynasty having ended because we lost one game is so premature. Being a dynasty does not mean you are going to win every single game!! My face book page has been blowing up non stop since Saturday night, I think I must have ignored nearly 90 % of it. I have two friends that are not Patriot fans but they love Brady as they are both Wolverine fans , thank god for them as they have replied to some less than flattering posts on my behalf and 3 other friends that are Patriot fans who have gone on the war path with the jealous idiots. The rest can kiss my a.....
If we are in the mix again next year with a deep playoff run then does it mean our dynasty never ended or is it SB or bust for the Patriots, anything less means the dynasty is over ? That is such s ridiculous premise. I knew the hatred for the Patriots ran deep , I just didn't realise how deep till Saturday night !

No way Brady comes back unless a legit #1 receiver and good to great TE is added. Just my opinon. He will be 43. Cannot "Hope" certain guys step up. BB needs to get him help. What Brady had to work with Saturday was an embarrassment.

I don’t see how they can afford one if they resign him and bring back at least some of they key fa on defense. Unless they are willing to go the ab route

Since the loss on Saturday the vultures have been circling. All this talk about the dynasty having ended because we lost one game is so premature. Being a dynasty does not mean you are going to win every single game!! My face book page has been blowing up non stop since Saturday night, I think I must have ignored nearly 90 % of it. I have two friends that are not Patriot fans but they love Brady as they are both Wolverine fans , thank god for them as they have replied to some less than flattering posts on my behalf and 3 other friends that are Patriot fans who have gone on the war path with the jealous idiots. The rest can kiss my a.....
If we are in the mix again next year with a deep playoff run then does it mean our dynasty never ended or is it SB or bust for the Patriots, anything less means the dynasty is over ? That is such s ridiculous premise. I knew the hatred for the Patriots ran deep , I just didn't realise how deep till Saturday night !

if the hate is still that intense, the dynasty is still alive. My fb is blowing up too because im in the Pittsburgh area. They are still treating every loss like a national holiday even in the regular season. Deep down the jealousy and fear is still there

This team, with everyone healthy, is 10-6 TOPS next year WITH Brady, considering the schedule...the Boogeymen proved they can't beat an AVERAGE quarterback this season...next year the Pats D will face Mahomes, Jackson, Allen 2x (who took em to the bring 2x this year), Fitzmagic (who SHREDDED the Pats on home turf w a bye on the line), Goff, Jimmy G, Wilson, and Watson ..

10-6 is being generous

Last edited:
So I’ve decided to take over the team my damn self.... in madden.

Appreciate the update.

I look forward to seeing what us patsfan can do to make a crappy thread into comedy gold :) You/We've done it before.

I checked IMDB and it seems Dynasty will still be on in 2020

The question is the division and the playoffs. 10-6 will likely be plenty to win the division. After all, there are 14 games in common.

This team, with everyone healthy, is 10-6 TOPS next year WITH Brady, considering the schedule...the Boogeymen proved they can't beat an AVERAGE quarterback this season...next year the Pats D will face Mahomes, Jackson, Allen 2x (who took em to the bring 2x this year), Fitzmagic (who SHREDDED the Pats on home turf w a bye on the line), Goff, Jimmy G, Wilson, and Watson ..

10-6 is being generous

10-6 is being generous

They had 1 bad game against the hottest offense in football (Bal) and a shaky game or 2, tops. Tannehill and the Titans O was red hot down the stretch. They only gave up 14. Only gave up 23 to Mahomes. And don't forget that the D has been spending most of the 2nd half of the season playing from behind, with all the pressure on their shoulders. The O has been so bad that the defense literally has to score to win. This D would be 15-1 this season if the offense wasn't invisible.

The whole argument of 'they can't add the weapons Brady will want' is absurd. A major influx of talent at WR/TE is absolutely necessary, regardless of who the QB is. If this team let's Brady walk and doesn't add serious offensive pieces, they will not even win the division. The D can afford to lose a piece or two, but no matter what, this O needs a '07 like offseason.

"The dynasty is over " I have been hearing the same message for a few years. And the dynasty still lasts.

The dynasty isn’t over until Brady is gone, and while the writing is definitely on the wall for that to happen, we’re not officially there just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes