PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Every Little Thing Gonna Be Alright"

How dare you ask people to roll with the spirit of a humble solitary thread? *gasp* :p (yep, slow work day so far...)

Anyway, count me among those who believe that a 'fatty' NT, a solid vet WR/TE and a competent QB will go a long way toward healing the team's current ills. The Golden Age is over, but things will work out OK long term. This isn't suddenly the Sullivan/Kiam era again.
Thanks Waxie...you always make me laugh!!! Slow day here too btw....Agree with your assessment of our needs, maybe adding a DE/edge rusher

Thanks Waxie...you always make me laugh!!! Slow day here too btw....Agree with your assessment of our needs, maybe adding a DE/edge rusher

Good to hear! I figure since I'm not as strong on the content end as Patriots matters go, I can make up the difference with humor, and the world can sure use alot of it.

As for the team- I'm no Pollyanna myself, I realize the rebuild will take time, but barring any more unwanted 2020-type surprises I see no reason 6-10* can't be improved on next year, and I expect it. Should be an interesting offseason.

*edit - I realize they haven't played the Jets yet, but I'd be OK with a one-game "tanking" at this point.

Last edited:
My attempt at positivity....

With likely the worst QB and WR play in the past 30 years in the NFL, the Patriots cannot possibly be worse next year.
New England has bottomed out
The uptrend begins this offseason

What's the difference? It's still BB.
Brady still covered up a lot of deficiencies. I was pretty vocal here about not liking his attitude last year like a lot of us but seeing the results of the before and after with his departure - it can’t be disputed.

BB has a plan, I'm sure of it. Acquiring PTP's he knows might be available to him is huge. If he has to put the team in cap jail for a year or two after the Pats have another 5 year run is OK with me. I also want to see BB break Shula's all-time win record (50 more wins to go). That is going to take another 6 years at the most. So, enjoy the rebuild and then enjoy the show, after this brief intermission.

Edit:
Fun fact: BB is the only coach in the top 13 wins of all-time to not have a tie on his record.

Last edited:
Not a good sign as it was 10 years from 05 till the next title
11 teams made the Super Bowl over those 9 years.
steelers 3
Seahawks 3
colts 2
pats 2
giants 2
packers
bears
saints
49ers
ravens
cards
Two teams won more than 1 sb, Steelers and giants. Pats didn’t win but, they were one of 5 that made Multiple visits to the game. Those years bridged the gap. i Want to believe over the next 9, coach gets the pats back to the game multiple times.

With likely the worst QB and WR play in the past 30 years in the NFL, the Patriots cannot possibly be worse next year.
In all honesty you're not wrong. There really is nowhere to go but up with this passing game. We have a QB averaging 172 passing yards a game. In 2020. A league where the worst QB's can still go out and throw for 300 yards and guy mustered up 34 yards last night. Something will have gone horribly wrong if the quarterback position looks worse next year.

"I think when you have a season like we did this year and you're not going to the playoffs, you have embarrassing losses, this roster's going to be a lot different. There's a lot of guys that are in the locker room tonight that aren't going to be in the locker room next year. Guys that are playing football right now that aren't going to be playing football next year.
- J-Mac today.

Changes certainly coming. Interesting way to put it in his last sentence. I wonder who he’s referring to who will be out of football next year...

- J-Mac today.

Changes certainly coming. Interesting way to put it in his last sentence. I wonder who he’s referring to who will be out of football next year...
I know Devin mentioned playing next year but I can't imagine Jason playing here next year. He looks like he is done and based on that quote he sounds like he may know it.

I haven't even included the geezers in my rebuild math of a core of 20 players. Even if they are back for one more year, I don't see them as Super Bowl contenders next year. This is why I wrote contending for the division and making the playoffs. Super Bowl is down the road.
Without googling the quote, I am pretty sure that BB was quoted after the 2001 win that they were ahead of schedule, so you are on the money.

05onfire1_xp-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v2.jpg

Yep...The official Bottom will occur this Sunday when the Jets - that's the feckin J-E-S-T for feck's sake - smack us up & down the field.

I know Devin mentioned playing next year but I can't imagine Jason playing here next year. He looks like he is done and based on that quote he sounds like he may know it.
I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to a one-year, non-guaranteed, vet minimum deal and let him compete...

The problem is simply that until you have a real QB, you're nothing in this league, and nobody has a high hit rate acquiring QBs.

CAN Belichick turn the team around? Absolutely. But it will take a large serving of luck to hit on a good QB - not elite, not future HOF, "just" good - right off the bat.

You can spend in FA to get better at WR and TE if you have to, but most seasons quality veteran QBs never even sniff the FA market and they're usually not offered up in trades either. That leaves the draft, where teams whiff on their QB picks for years or even decades on end.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back