PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ethical Question for You All

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really WANT better eyesight, you can have it. It's just a matter of working hard and wanting it enough. Just like height, really.

Your analogy is terrible. There are short players, there are dumb players, there are slow players.

The point was made that being that many would gladly BE the athletes in question, there's no moral hazard in watching them play.

From there, the odd point was raised that most COULD be in the NFL if they merely wanted to be but probably didn't want to get hurt (yes, I know) and we were off to the races.

No the point is that you did NOT give it your all so don't sit there and say "if I could I would". Who knows if you COULD have.

There's a DISTINCT difference between improbable and impossible. Kurt Warner never gave up. You did.

No. Players have free will and can choose to do what they want no matter how you feel. Does the owner of a bar feel guilty when some jackass drinks too much and gets in an accident. Does Krafty feel guilty when he knows damn well that 25% of the people leaving his parking lot are probably drunk?

Your analogy is terrible. There are short players, there are dumb players, there are slow players.

No the point is that you did NOT give it your all so don't sit there and say "if I could I would". Who knows if you COULD have.

There's a DISTINCT difference between improbable and impossible. Kurt Warner never gave up. You did.

Honestly, I was trying to be nice before. Your pov here is silly & kind of embarrassing.

Ethical question:

You ever think that you are contributing to the cocaine habbits of many young actors by watching TV/Movies?

I have thinking of starting this thread for some time and maybe in light of the Merriweather issue it is a little relevant.

The question is:

Do you ever consider that you are contributing in some small way to the fact that some, if not most of these healthy young athletes are going to spend their later years as cripples?

What got me thinking along these lines is a friend of mine that has a neck injury from high school football. There is a restriction in his spinal column from improper tackling technique. At times his arm goes mumb and is effictively useless. This condition is inoperable...no surgeon will go near the area. This is from a few years of high school football. Imagine the damage someone like Rodney Harrison sustains from all those years and all those collisions.

Obviously this has not stopped me from being a fan and watching the games, but I know I am in some tiny way contributuing to this reality for my entertainment.

Look at the glass half full. You are also contributing to making thousands of football players millions and millions of dollars, providing for wives and children, in some cases for many generations to come. Most of these players would have had a lower standard of living for both themselves and their families, if not for the game of football, which you help support.

I have thinking of starting this thread for some time and maybe in light of the Merriweather issue it is a little relevant.

The question is:

Do you ever consider that you are contributing in some small way to the fact that some, if not most of these healthy young athletes are going to spend their later years as cripples?

What got me thinking along these lines is a friend of mine that has a neck injury from high school football. There is a restriction in his spinal column from improper tackling technique. At times his arm goes mumb and is effictively useless. This condition is inoperable...no surgeon will go near the area. This is from a few years of high school football. Imagine the damage someone like Rodney Harrison sustains from all those years and all those collisions.

Obviously this has not stopped me from being a fan and watching the games, but I know I am in some tiny way contributuing to this reality for my entertainment.

Here's a tip...YOU are seemingly deranged.

"do you think that we,as supporters of the NFL and the main monetary support for the players, who have killed people driving drunk, murdered people and got away with it, done more illegal drugs than a party school in California, committed continuous sexual assaults with impunity...should WE ask for our money back??

there ya go, Nimrod...an electronic cure for your derangement.

Jeeze...hate much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST