PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN writer predicts Godwin and Watkins to NE

The price on godwin starts at 16mil it's not going to happen. Maybe if we had drafted a QB a year ago or more and he'd be ready to go but no point in paying him if we don't even have a QB. Watkins maybe if he's cheap but if he agrees to a cheap deal it will be to stay with the Chiefs. He's good for 5 games a year either way.

The price on godwin starts at 16mil it's not going to happen. Maybe if we had drafted a QB a year ago or more and he'd be ready to go but no point in paying him if we don't even have a QB. Watkins maybe if he's cheap but if he agrees to a cheap deal it will be to stay with the Chiefs. He's good for 5 games a year either way.
Yeah I’m with you there- it has to start with the QB. Then you know what kind of offense you can build long term and what pieces you need. I don’t see too many appealing 2021 starting QBs out there other than Jimmy but maybe they’ll surprise us or make a major move up in the draft.

Those guys would be nice though.

Yeah I’m with you there- it has to start with the QB. Then you know what kind of offense you can build long term and what pieces you need. I don’t see too many appealing 2021 starting QBs out there other than Jimmy but maybe they’ll surprise us or make a major move up in the draft.

Those guys would be nice though.
JG might be best case for us but he's always hurt too. What about signing a Bridgewater or Fitz type guy and drafting defense @15. Let Bill do what he's good at and even though this Brady BB war on Twitter is out of control and I don't agree at all that we've had top 10 defenses for 20 years, he has been really good at finding impact guys. We could really use a new faster Hightower or someone in the middle of the DL. QB is so tough I have no idea what they will do but I know I don't want Watson. Even though BB did something I never though he'd do last year and blow smoke up a QBs ass all season, I don't know if he could do it for 5 years straight and if this diva QB could handle being coached. Last year was so strange our QB was literal garbage to the point that the only thing anyone could say is that he's a good teammates and still Bill said nicer things about him in pressers than he's said about anyone for 20 years. He must of thought Cam needed to hear it.

Cutting Edelman to save $4 million and then paying Watkins $4.25 million is just offensive.
You can't cut Edelman enough is enough. If he wants to go fine but you cut him at 4mil and it's disgusting. I agree.

Cutting Edelman to save $4 million and then paying Watkins $4.25 million is just offensive.
I don’t think Watkins comes here.
I see Golladay Corey Davis Will Fuller those 1 or 2 of those 3 make more sense than Godwin and Watkins.
Cordarelle Patterson said on Twitter he wanted come come back here.
I wouldn’t hate that at least it kept defenses guessing.

Don't want Watkins at all. Would love to get Godwin. We would have to drastically overpay to get him to come with no QB.

Can’t wait to get 4 whole games out of Watkins!

So your argument is we are going to decide to not get a QB so we can not get wrs because we want to lose?

Last edited:
So your argument is we are going to decide to not get a Sb so we can not get wrs because we want to lose?
I have no idea what you are asking please rephrase your nonsense.

Until a QB is in place, just say no to "name" WR's.

Chris Godwin has had more drops in this postseason (3 games) than he had for his entire career (58 games). That said I highly doubt with all of the options he'll have that he'd choose to go from Florida to New England, Or that NE would pay him what he's worth.

Watkins is a total waste of time at this point in his career. So in other words he'll be a Patriot next season.

Not gonna read the article but this guy thinks Godwin after playing in a SB with the GOAT and Gronk will leave Tampa to sign with NEP, the team both GOATs left to play for Tampa, so he can catch passes from Stidham a/o Cam?

Already then. Lmao

We've seen this movie before. BB will sign 30 veteran WRs about to retire, 20 will drop out before camp is over, 5 will retire by the 2nd preseason game, 2 before final cut day, 1 gets traded right before 1st game, 1 gets released by 2nd game. We end up with a 33+ yo WR coming off an injury that was really good 8 years ago but is willing to play for minimum salary.

It's really not likely at all. Godwin is getting paid 15+ mil, and we don't have a QB. Makes no sense. We'll be mid tier WR shopping.

Meh on Watkins.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back