PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
feelthepain said:
I guess the Pats win the SB by 58 points too,huh Ms.Cleo??
Yep. 58 Points on your home turf. :)

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well first off, Ben will be ready
Forgive me Dr. Aqua4Ever04, I wasn't aware that you were one of the 15 doctors surgically reattaching Mr. Rothlesburgler's face.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Culpepper 2004 #s (His last full season): 110.4 QB rating 39 TDs 11 INTs (not bad eh?)
Damnit, you got me again! I forgot all about Saban's Time Machine. Just hope he doesn't turn it back too far, you wouldn't want to end up with the 23 fumbles a year version of your franchise savior.
:eek:

In all honesty, of course Culpepper is an upgrade for you guys... it's just funny how you Fish fans are all going nuts over a guy that had a very shaky season before suffering a very serious injury which he ended up rehabbing in a Walmart parking lot. :)

Not to mention the departure of Qwai Chang Williams.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve1iron said:
Rankings are predictable. Same teams are getting the same plugs. It's amazing that the loss of Edgerrin James is being taken so lightly. I think the Colts will drop back to about 7 to 10 with his loss. Teams will play pass on frustrate Manning.

I guess I'm the only one who feels this way.
No, I'm sure a lot of people do. If I was a Colt fan, I'd be concerned, at least until Addai proves himself worthy.

It's just that no ESPN talking heads feel that way. But what do you expect from a network that hires Merrill Hoge and Michael Irvin as analysts?

Beg, little Doltfins, Beg for your bone!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ferotte 2005 rating: 71.9
Culpepper 2005 rating: 72.0

wooooohoooo.
feelthepain said:
One played nearly a full season the oher didn't.
newsflash: the rating isn't based on how many games you play in a year. it's how well, or in this case, mediocre, you do in the games in which you actually get on the field.

Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04
Anyone who says that doesn't know s**t about football. How many times am I going to have to explain this? That year moss missed 3 games entirely and had limited time in 3 others where the most catches he had was 4. Yes Moss did have a good year still with 13 TD catches but Daunte threw 39. Hmm, that's not to bad without him, and not to mention he only threw 11 INTs.

Also, hey what happend to Kerry Collins this year? Oh yeah, that's right, he got cut. But wait, he had Moss. Shouldn't he have been a pro bowler? Moss makes all his QBs great right? WRONG! Recievers don't make QBs, it's the other way around. So shut up with that argument because it's complete BS and you know it! You're an idiot if you believe that.

Bro, you're the moron. You completely underestimate Moss, just because he's not catching the ball doesn't mean he's not productive, he get double and triple teamed, and he spreads the field like no other reciever before him. You think Chris Chambers can do that? LOL

No, I'm sure a lot of people do. If I was a Colt fan, I'd be concerned, at least until Addai proves himself worthy.

It's just that no ESPN talking heads feel that way. But what do you expect from a network that hires Merrill Hoge and Michael Irvin as analysts?

It's going to be sweet when everyone finds out that it was James, not Manning that made the team. Not to mention the Colts losing their starting linebacker, the most accurate kicker ever (and replacing him with someone who only shows up in the playoffs), and tying up more money in Jerome Mathis. They're going to be in a Titans type salary hell soon, Mannings number goes UP every years from now.

I'm fine with the Pats having a pre-season power ranking of 6. It's not too disrespectful. I think that's about where we deserve to be after last season. I think as the season progresses the Pats will rise higher. At least they didn't rank the Cowboys above us! Hey Cowboys will improve but right now it's all hype. Who knows if the TO experiment will work or if it will backfire in Tuna's face? Phins are another team that rose in the rankings due to hype. They are 8th now but I expect them to fall lower as the season progresses and the hype dies down. ;)

mavfan2390 said:
Bro, you're the moron. You completely underestimate Moss, just because he's not catching the ball doesn't mean he's not productive, he get double and triple teamed, and he spreads the field like no other reciever before him. You think Chris Chambers can do that? LOL

How exactly did that work out in Oakland last year? How many games did they win? Oh yeah it was only 4. Man he did so much for that offense. He completely made Kerry Collins and Lamont Jordan all-stars huh?

You're the idiot dude, obviously he doesn't do all that because he hasn't done S**T in Oakland.

I read the number six as a "Respect Ranking." They say it in the writeup. They're afraid to bet against BB and TB.

Oh look. It is Dolphin Trolls. They are so cute when the are delusional.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well first off, Ben will be ready and secondly, beating the Super Bowl champions on their home turf is always impressive if you ask me.

Culpepper 2004 #s (His last full season): 110.4 QB rating 39 TDs 11 INTs (not bad eh?)

Lucky for Culpepper they don't factor fumbles into QB ratings. He's the worst QB in the league by far in that category.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Worst in NFL History in that category!

Funny you mention history. Because Culpepper has THE BEST ALL TIME COMPLETION PERCENTAGE and is the 5th highest RATED PASSER OF ALL TIME! Not bad marks if you ask me.

obviously he doesn't do all that because he hasn't done S**T in Oakland

You lost all credibility with that comment. Randy Moss doesn't spread the field? He doesn't draw double teams? Are you a special case, or are all Dolphins fans ******ed like you?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Funny you mention history. Because Culpepper has THE BEST ALL TIME COMPLETION PERCENTAGE and is the 5th highest RATED PASSER OF ALL TIME! Not bad marks if you ask me.

If this guy is soo great, why isn't he still with the Vikings? :confused:

I compare this to when the Bills got Bledsoe, boy that really helped.:p

Last edited:
mavfan2390 said:
You lost all credibility with that comment. Randy Moss doesn't spread the field? He doesn't draw double teams? Are you a special case, or are all Dolphins fans ******ed like you?

You're calling me retarted? Look at what you're saying. Tell me, what did Randy Moss do in Oakland? Go ahead, tell me, how many games did he win for them? You're an idiot dude. Obviously Randy Moss doesn't single handedly make teams win. You lost all you're credibility the moment you said Randy Moss makes his teams great.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You're calling me retarted? Look at what you're saying. Tell me, what did Randy Moss do in Oakland? Go ahead, tell me, how many games did he win for them? You're an idiot dude. Obviously Randy Moss doesn't single handedly make teams win. You lost all you're credibility the moment you said Randy Moss makes his teams great.
Nobody can single handedly make teams win. If the rest of the roster is crap, forget about it. It really doesnt matter if you have Peyton Manning. If you have completely garbage recievers, hows that gonna help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore