PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is. "A staffer"...AKA unnamed source.

Could be something. I know we don’t want there to be anything, but **** happens. This is real life. Hopefully, it doesn’t affect their playoff performances. That’s all I care about. It is what it is.

Fitzy on Twitter

“Brady & Belichick will now use this as fuel to prove their individual greatness, as well as their ability to operate at the highest level amongst scrutiny and turmoil. Never felt better about them winning a sixth Super Bowl all season. “#GoPats

Unfortunately, they will now win only 3 more games this season :(

Last edited:
They are layering a story over some simple facts 1) Brady knew Jimmy was a threat 2) Jimmy wanted to play - whether in NE or elsewhere and 3). BB wanted to find a way to keep Jimmy. Start with those facts and you can create “a helluva story”.

Is this what they mean by "bombogenesis"?

Well we know who believes BSPN on this board...
it's got nothing to do with ESPN. I felt that way since the trade. I think kraft didn't want to trade Brady. and BB did. I fear it was a huge mistake. not just trading JG away. but kraft overruling BB.

Do you really think a 41 year old Brady can win a Superbowl with a run of the mil NFL coach, like John Fox?

I bet Tom would get old very quick without BB or Josh around.
It doesn’t matter because B.B. is going nowhere.

B.B. will spend the next 3-5 years grooming new coordinators and their underlined and future replacements, grooming Brady’s eventual replacement and competing for more Sb titles.
Tom Brady will win more SBs after the jimmy g trade than jimmy g will win.

You called it overpaying

What? Are you telling me that you can judge if someone is close to the greatest qb ever whonis the greatest because he has carried his team to 7 SBs, 5 SB titles, 8 straight 1 or 2 seeds, 7 straight afccg and had probably the 2 greatest performances in the clutch in SB history in the last 3 years, IN PRACTICE?
Brady isn’t the goat because of how he throws a 12 yard out. Brady is the goat because when it matters most he gets the job done better than anyone, ever.
There is a 1 chance in ever that jimmy g can be that and there is a hell of a lot more he has to prove on the field and in playoff games to even bring it up.

Yes it is. B.B. is not moving from Brady until brady no longer can be brady. No qb in nfl history would make him do that.

We talking bout PRACTICE.

It isn't his job to confirm or deny. It is his job to report what he knows without any addendums.
I don't know, I think if you know the team says there's absolutely no issue, ala deflategate, that's what you report.

it's got nothing to do with ESPN. I felt that way since the trade. I think kraft didn't want to trade Brady. and BB did. I fear it was a huge mistake. not just trading JG away. but kraft overruling BB.
There is simply no reason to believe that would or could happen.

Honestly, I think Bedard is plugged into BB, and if not him someone close. Not saying he gets it right all the time but that's always been my sense.
Not mine. He's like Albert Breer. Spurned by BB years ago and now plays the "I'm a straight shooter, down the middle guy" card. But, in reality, he's a sniper.

"I started the dynasty" "No I did"

That must be what they were saying to each other last February.

upload_2018-1-4_21-58-19.png

Last edited:
That statement alone shows you have zero confidence in BB the GM.

Nothing in that clip says what Bruce Allen claimed. Allen made it sound like the article explicitly said Brady demanded they trade Jimmy G. All this reads is that Brady and Kraft are tight and Kraft told BB Jimmy had to go. That really hasn't been anything we didn't already hear. As far as "He (brady) Won!; well, yeah. He's still here.

This is more an indictment on Bruce Allen than anyone else.

That statement alone shows you have zero confidence in BB the GM.
Or the B.B. the man.
If he was so stupid to want to walk away from the goat while he is still the best QBs in the nfl and after all he has done for kraft, kraft chooses B.B. to be the only person he ever stands up to and B.B. does it, B.B. is a bigger ****y than kraft.

Of course it's Seth Wickersham. That was predictable, dude's a hack who writes some hatchet piece ****ting on the Patriots every time it occurs to him that he hasn't been relevant to anyone in a year or two.

"I started the dynasty" "No I did"

That's must be what they were saying to each other last February.

View attachment 19071

I mean, that's the thing right? Does bickering about "who is most responsible for the Pats dynasty" sound anything like these people with whom we've come to be familiar over the past 16 years? I mean, we obviously don't know them personally, but it flies in the face of everything we've ever read about them or heard them say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back