PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN has destroyed Mike Reiss' Patriots blog

Does anyone know if ESPN intentionally replaced the Pats Blog spot with BC football crap and HS football crap because Reiss voiced opposition to the changes? Or was it an oversight amid the changes? I now have to go the very bottom left-hand side of the site in order to access the Patriots Blog (note; not just Reiss's articles, which is also a separate link).

Just seems like odd placement for it given that it's the most popular part of ESPN Boston.

Only went to site for Reiss. Do not like the changes.

This. I was just checking out the site and there is rapid reaction from the Giants :confused:

This. I was just checking out the site and there is rapid reaction from the Giants :confused:

Yeah, they did that with a "Things to Watch" type column yesterday; took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on — they're repurposing bloggers from their other regional sites when teams match up. (You really have to look to see the byline " Ohm Youngmisuk | ESPNNewYork.com".

I'm not sure how I feel about it; as a Pats fan it's too much and not why I go there. But I also think the info on opponents might be more relevant once the games count.

Yeah, they did that with a "Things to Watch" type column yesterday; took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was going on — they're repurposing bloggers from their other regional sites when teams match up. (You really have to look to see the byline " Ohm Youngmisuk | ESPNNewYork.com".

I'm not sure how I feel about it; as a Pats fan it's too much and not why I go there. But I also think the info on opponents might be more relevant once the games count.

Those two links so far have been the only additional content that I have enjoyed. And it wasn't so much now in preason but I thought that would be handy for regular season. But I think Reiss was always good about providing links to opposing story lines leading up to each game so its not like it was needed.

I am starting to get used to it a little. You just have to go there and scroll past so much crap and pay attention to the by lines and you still can get the regular content.

Personally I like reading when I go to blogs and now that I am calming down a bit on the change the only thing that annoys me is how much video and adio is linked because I am almost never going to watch that crap but I imagine as I embrace the changes more I will read more of what is linked and not just from Reiss and Field.

This evening, not pulling any punches:

1:54 PM - 30 Aug 13 · Details
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3h
@BMatadeen Feel the same.

I hope Mike can get out of that swamp quickly and get onto a media platform where we can read his blog unspoiled.

"We interrupt this Mike Reiss reporting swtream to present another scinitllating debate on sports fashion from Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith" :(

Last edited:
This evening, not pulling any punches:

1:54 PM - 30 Aug 13 · Details
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3h
@BMatadeen Feel the same.

I hope Mike can get out of that swamp quickly and get onto a media platform where we can read his blog unspoiled.

"We interrupt this Mike Reiss reporting swtream to present another scinitllating debate on sports fashion from Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith" :(
Wow. Looks like the format there will have to adjust or he will be leaving.

Wow. Looks like the format there will have to adjust or he will be leaving.

Good for Mike. He shouldn't have to take that.

Quality is quality. If ESPN wants to go from 98% circus fluff to 100% circus fluff then they can if they want.

There are thousands of us who will read him wherever he goes.

Last edited:
By the looks of the blog the last couple days it seems Reiss does have some influence at ESPN. It is much cleaner and more like it was before the changes.

By the looks of the blog the last couple days it seems Reiss does have some influence at ESPN. It is much cleaner and more like it was before the changes.
That whole situation was weird. Did they actually think Riess would be ok with that mess they turned his blog into?

Yeah, I didn't visit espn Boston for the past couple of days, and I was a bit confused while reading this thread just now because it currently doesn't look that different. Some of headlines link you to to video segments from guys like Skip Bayless, Herm, or whoever. But it doesn't seem that different to me. Still mostly stuff from Reiss, Yates....

The changes now seem minor to me. Then again, I'm not the kind of fan who is on there all the time, so others may disagree...

The changes now seem minor to me. Then again, I'm not the kind of fan who is on there all the time, so others may disagree...

The "barely on-topic" posts (e.g., the Giants' version of the NYG-NE game, Insider teasers not specifically about the Patriots) are no longer being posted, at least not in the quantities to which they had been published before.

Looking at it now, it's not nearly as garbled as it was when they introduced "NFL Nation." Perhaps the feedback left and Reiss' clear distaste for the loss of control changed things.

I abandoned that ship when they switched the forum to allow only facebook posts

****'em all, only good thing in ESPN is Skip Bayless

Hope he leaves ESPN and joins NFLN .

I abandoned that ship when they switched the forum to allow only facebook posts

****'em all, only good thing in ESPN is Skip Bayless

99217774201005120951440.gif

Your post gave me false hope.

Nope.

Back to FootballNation (or whatever the hell it is) crap today.

First two items on the screen

1) Hear Colins' (Cowherd) Top 10 NFL teams
2) Switzer (yes, Barry) on Manziel, Rex Ryan, Tebow and More...

Unbelievable. I'm done.

I'm printing up T-shirts - - "Free Reiss!"

Last edited:
Your post gave me false hope.

Nope.

Back to FootballNation (or whatever the hell it is) crap today.

First two items on the screen

1) Hear Colins' (Cowherd) Top 10 NFL teams
2) Switzer (yes, Barry) on Manziel, Rex Ryan, Tebow and More...

Unbelievable. I'm done.

I'm printing up T-shirts - - "Free Reiss!"

Why ESPN thinks it must ESPNize every asset they own is dumfounding. The popularity of the Reiss Blog should be testament enough that fans want news and information, not opinions...especially from mediots who view the team via 30 second video clips.

This recent post of AH picture which has been top post now for hours
has me convinced that the powers to be want us PATs fans to be
relentlessly reminded of this situation which brings us pain. I just want
to move on and forget AH.

I'd like to say I'm done with ESPN version of Reiss's Pieces but before
I do.
1. can anyone recommend a good alternative?
2. Does anyone have an email address for Mike Reiss?

Thanks

to move on and forget AH

I do.

Thanks
You'll notice no reference to Hernandez since his arrest here, that's not by mistake ;)

to move on and forget AH.

I do.

Thanks

http://www.mikereiss.net/

(You can email him directly - - just click "contact" near the upper right.)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back