PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Rowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowe immediately adds size and a physical presence to a secondary that was already good.

He killed it at the Combine btw:

4.45 40, 19 bench reps, 39" vertical, 125" broad, 6.7 3 cone, 3.97 shuttle
2015 NFL Draft Profile: Eric Rowe

Basically he is a physical speciman. Appears to be a sound tackler too.
This trade is all about Rowe's upside. If he could put it all together he could turn into a formidable corner or safety for the Pats.

Had him 31 overall on my board for the 2015 draft. Another theft by BB IMO. We needed a CB with size and he has upside. Great team fit in our press man scheme. Could replace Ryan next year with McCourty protecting him over the top. Think a younger Browner.

EDIT: Based on the capital to require him, BB sees him as the #2 CB across Butler next year IMO.
I would not be surprised if he takes snaps from Harmon, but it will be interesting to see where he fits.
This defense is loaded, and extremely deep.

I've never been a Kline hater - I thought he did pretty well last year in tough circumstances.

I also don't think he ever really came back from that injury - was it a shoulder?

I was of the mind that he would have been cut, except that Mason, Cooper, and Jackson were all out. I certainly wouldn't have expected him to sty over those guys. Heck, i thought barker outplayed him in PS.

Let's not diminish the compensation we paid for him... a 4th is Malcom Mitchell and a 3rd is Joe Thuney... so that's not just camp trash. And Kline (my least favorite interior lineman... glad to get value for him and see him elsewhere) is at least a legit, versatile and servicable NFL player.

I'm excited, too, but for exactly the opposite reason: BB really opened the vault to bring this kid in. And that means there's something he really likes, to make this feel like good value.

True. But this preseason Kline was really completely lost out there. He also has some shoulder issues and they might not be the only ones...

Harmon or Ryan insurance.

Had him 31 overall on my board for the 2015 draft. Another theft by BB IMO. We needed a CB with size and he has upside. Great team fit in our press man scheme. Could replace Ryan next year with McCourty protecting him over the top. Think a younger Browner.

EDIT: Based on the capital to require him, BB sees him as the #2 CB across Butler next year IMO.

belichick is the master!!! logan moves on, we have the replacement in rowe!!

the hoodie > everyone

Let's not diminish the compensation we paid for him... a 4th is Malcom Mitchell and a 3rd is Joe Thuney... so that's not just camp trash. And Kline (my least favorite interior lineman... glad to get value for him and see him elsewhere) is at least a legit, versatile and servicable NFL player.

I'm excited, too, but for exactly the opposite reason: BB really opened the vault to bring this kid in. And that means there's something he really likes, to make this feel like good value.

2018 is lining up to be a big year for comp picks

as for 3rd and 4th round drafting history, there's a ton of garbage mixed in there too

He had his ups and downs last year, and from everything I've read, he's had a rough offseason and preseason, maybe cause of the change in coaching. I just wonder where he fits. Does he automatically become the slot corner, bumping coleman and Cyrus down.

Typically don't play your 6'1" CBs in the slot, unless a large WR/TE is lining up there a-la Jimmy Graham pre-injury.

With Cooper back and the slew of bodies the Pats have on the interior, getting any kind of compensation for Kline was a good thing. A lot of people in the draft forum were high on Rowe last year. He adds size to the position but he's still a project. Hopefully he can turn it around in Belichick's system.

Nice! You can never have too many freaks in the roster.

Now we just need everyone to get healthy, and a tackle if possible.

A smaller faster Brandon Browner?

So except for the fact he can match up with taller receivers, he is pretty much completely different.

:rolleyes:

I guess it is his role (matching against taller receivers) that I thought might be similar to Browner.

However, I see your point. Maybe I should have described him as a slower taller Jonathan Jones? :D

Thank you!!!!! Yes awesome trade I have been hollering for the pats to get some height in our secondary and we trade for a highly talented young tall CB. Couldn't be happier

In BB I trust, but always get concerned if we get rid of O Linemen familiar with this system.. otoh this sounds like a good deal on paper.. need to reassess in Mid November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes