PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Rowe - Pats # 25 (merged w ER gifs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Jones was having a tough time in coverage (kickoffs are a whole separate discussion) but once again, the coaches put the right personnel out there and did the job when they had to. Making him an inactive I think was a combination of factors. Tall CIN WRs, game plan w/ zone, problem with kickoffs and perhaps being a bit too emotional last week. I expect him to be active vs Pitt.

CIN has tallish WRs and it made sense to play Rowe and he did a bang-up job.

I'm not sure we'll see Jones active next week unless the Pats bench Grissom and/or Johnson. The Steelers have a couple of taller WRs in Coates and Heyward-Bey. I think that having Rowe (who is healthy, finally) out there is a big boost in that department and could see time spelling Chung covering TEs..

I'm not sure we'll see Jones active next week unless the Pats bench Grissom and/or Johnson. The Steelers have a couple of taller WRs in Coates and Heyward-Bey. I think that having Rowe (who is healthy, finally) out there is a big boost in that department and could see time spelling Chung covering TEs..

Makes sense. Now that I think a little more about it, they might deactivate him b/c with Jones now starting at QB the Squealers might run more thus needing some xtra beef at DT. Hopefully Valentine/Hamilton are healthy.

Rowe looks like a great pickup with Logan and or Butler set for big pay days.

That being said whats up with Sheard?
Is he fighting thru a injury because right now I feel like theres little to no drop off to go Flowers instead

Rowe looks like a great pickup with Logan and or Butler set for big pay days.

That being said whats up with Sheard?
Is he fighting thru a injury because right now I feel like theres little to no drop off to go Flowers instead

Sheard was involved in a number of plays on Dalton yesterday and was in on the 4th and goal play. Seemed ok to me.

It's a good no-call. Green initiated that by extending his arm to push off and Rowe never pulled him back and let go a second later.
I agree There is clutching and grabbing on every play. Games would last 7 hrs if they called every single thing.

Let me add another great article on Rowe and DB usage from Pats Pulpit .. this time from Oliver Thomas:

The utilization of Eric Rowe in Patriots debut

Quote:
After logging six snaps in the first half, Rowe checked in for 20 second-half plays. He lined up against five different Bengals and allowed 10 yards on 14 coverage snaps along the way.

And a post from Philly fan I guess:
Said it then, I'll say it now:
You guys got a steal with Rowe. I’m just hoping he’ll get on the field more as he impresses so the condition will be met to get a third round (which considering where the Pats will be drafting will likely be a high fourth) for him. But considering the Eagles have like 2 healthy CBs right now and they’re both terrible, it would have sure been nicer to not trade him in the first damn place.
Props to Bill for taking advantage of Howie while he was trade-drunk after the Bradford coup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes