PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eliot Wolf given new title: Director of Scouting

Well...that's great. Hope he knocks it out of the park again this year.

Thats good, for some reason i thought he may be heading elsewhere.

It will be interesting to see if the Pats change how they evaluate WRs with McDaniels gone.

McDaniels wasn't part of the evaluation of Branch and Givens, who were drafted in 2002.

McDaniels WAS a part of the evaluation of Bethel Johnson, PK Sam, Chad Jackson, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Malcolm Mitchell, Braxton Berrios, and N'Keal Harry.. (Lots of misses there).

According to several reports of different Pro-Days, Ross Douglas has been handling the receiver run throughs for the Patriots. Douglas is a part of the NFL Coaching Intern program and was Defensive assistant last year.

That's the oldest trick in the book when someone wants a raise.... just give them a title instead.....

Praise the lord!! Long overdue. Pay this man so he has no reason to leave.

If he nails this draft like he did the last one, pay him even more.

Bb needs to continue to save money on his wardrobe and spend more to keep this man picking players for us!

That's the oldest trick in the book when someone wants a raise.... just give them a title instead.....
You think he asked for a raise and was refused?

Listening to these guys talk it struck me as odd how they look at how players will fit into their system over raw talent. The system is God. I know the team has been very succesful for 2 decades with this approach, but maybe just maybe it's time to change things up a bit. I wonder if this explains some of the misses at WR and CB (aside from udfas).

Listening to these guys talk it struck me as odd how they look at how players will fit into their system over raw talent. The system is God. I know the team has been very succesful for 2 decades with this approach, but maybe just maybe it's time to change things up a bit. I wonder if this explains some of the misses at WR and CB (aside from udfas).
What struck me was the age of everyone....all young. Is that by design? Did Kraft say get young blood in there for new ideas ? I can't stand telegraphing our next play with our formation whether it be with a FB or a blocking only WR. At least move away from the 1920's "we have a full back and we are going to run...try to stop it".

Don't get me wrong...I like the idea of younger talent evaluators. I just hope Bill isn't overriding all their hard work and ideas. Last years draft gives me hope.

This was the one front office employee I did not want the Pats to lose. Keep listening to the man and promote him to GM if he hits the draft like last year. That means Bill would be no longer the GM which at his age might be a great thing.

Praise the lord!! Long overdue. Pay this man so he has no reason to leave.

If he nails this draft like he did the last one, pay him even more.

Bb needs to continue to save money on his wardrobe and spend more to keep this man picking players for us!
Long overdue? The guy has 2 years with the team. SMH.. You act like he's been held back by the team for 5 years or something.

Go ahead and share the salaries of the Patriots front office guys and coaches since you seem to know them and think that BB skimps on them. BTW, that's a trope from the as$H**e Globe brigade stemming from stories from 30 years ago when BB as an DC. If you think it goes on today, you're fooling yourself.

This was the one front office employee I did not want the Pats to lose. Keep listening to the man and promote him to GM if he hits the draft like last year. That means Bill would be no longer the GM which at his age might be a great thing.
I will go to my deathbed believing Eliot Wolf was the new person in the room that made the difference last year in the draft. I said that then and will continue to say it...but not in the same fashion our beloved DKF.....geesh.

Long overdue? The guy has 2 years with the team. SMH.. You act like he's been held back by the team for 5 years or something.

Go ahead and share the salaries of the Patriots front office guys and coaches since you seem to know them and think that BB skimps on them. BTW, that's a trope from the as$H**e Globe brigade stemming from stories from 30 years ago when BB as an DC. If you think it goes on today, you're fooling yourself.
I agree with you about the long overdue comment. Wolf is still new to the team. What is your opinion of him?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back