PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: CLE trading Jason McCourty to NE - Twin Time ON !!

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

will McCourty twins finally be reunited?

• yes

Votes: 55 85.9%
  • no

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • yes, but not on Patriots

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I hope we give Jason #33....or Brandon Bolden gives up #38

QB's would be going through their pre-snap reads like, "#32.....wait...is that #33 or #32?"

Rowe is so cheap that I doubt his slot on the roster is really in danger. That would require JJones, CJones AND Ryan Lewis balling him off the 53.

I don't mean roster spot, I mean starting spot. I expect both Rowe and Jones to make the team.

So is CB solved? :D

Yes.

Gilmore, Rowe, McCourty, JJones...then CJones, ps guys and camp bodies/draft picks for the 5th slot. The naysasyers on this board...well, sorry, but that's a pretty solid group. Hard to afford 2 Gilmore types with the CB market the way it is.

For #5, my money is on Ryan Lewis - Kyed convinced me.

I could see them grabbing Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro or someone like that at S if the money was right, but I think this about does it for CB. Just my opinion.

Glad we got Jason however that doesn't come close to what we lost in our own players and possible FA that might have been here. Solder a major lost

Now one of his strengths is press? He’s good in man, he struggles in man. He’s an off man zone CB, he’s a press CB. It’s time for NFL Gamepass tonight.

I think shadowed would mean help over the top. Or am I reading that wrong?
I interpreted shadowed as synonymous with being covered man to man.

And by trading they don't have to worry about comp pick impact.

Love the trade. Pats give up their sixth rounder, that would be the thirty-first pick in the round, get the Browns' seventh rounder which will be first in the round.

So they moved down two picks to get Jason McCourty on his current contract instead of negotiating with him as FA where they might be bidding against other teams and risking impact on comp picks. Typical, making chess moves in a checkers game.
:)

I really think Johnathan Jones will be a big part of the secondary next season. Our secondary is shaping up nicely.

As long as Cyrus doesn’t make the team.

Now one of his strengths is press? He’s good in man, he struggles in man. He’s an off man zone CB, he’s a press CB. It’s time for NFL Gamepass tonight.

Yeah, I always thought of him as more of a zone guy, too, but Lazar does his homework. He's big on film, and he usually posts lots of clips to back up his assertions.

Lol

I love it, fills another need.

Dt- shelton
Cb - jmc

That leaves...
Lt-
De - clayborn??
Lb -

I think were in good shape heading into the draft - need a good one this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes