PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman passed Wes Welker, Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison and Lynn Swann on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrell Owens?

If so totally agree.

Another reason the HoF voting process is a complete joke.
Jeff Fisher will make the hall if he coaches in Indy for a few years.

I remember watching Steve Largent play. Now, I don't really recall if there was any question about how good he was on the field. I'm not even sure if he's in the Hall of Fame. But I can tell you for certain, even though Largent made the Pro Bowls and people thought he was great, I would've taken Stanley Morgan over him any day of the week. We all have this bias. We simply prefer the more explosive player.

Not bad for WWelker's>Amendola>Edelman slot receiver huh?!
Congrats To JE you deserved, earned it. Your not done yet!

Eldemin y u no be tal

Last edited:
Why did I make it weird?

Its the truth.. If Edelman weren't a short, white guy, he would get way more credit and notice across the league for this undeniable abilities...
Jordy Nelson probably gets too much praise, I think its just about narrative and height.

Jerry Rice has 2,200 playoff receiving yards
190801-prodsm_preview.jpg

Just looking at the list it's insane who Jerry Rice has 2,200 playoff receiving yards and the next best is 1,300. That guy is just unbelievable.

And yes, I know that a big part of this stat is the 'opportunity to play in x amount of playoff games' but still.

Sticky fingaz! Just sayin'.

Why did I make it weird?

Its the truth.. If Edelman weren't a short, white guy, he would get way more credit and notice across the league for this undeniable abilities...

Here's a hint...it's not about the color of Jules's skin.

It's the man who's throwing to him. The cause of so much butthurt among the jackwagons of the league.

Let that sink in.

Plenty of white receivers over many decades from Fred Bietnikoff to Jordy Nelson have gotten well-deserved credit. Now, if you want to talk size, I think you're on to something. Smaller receivers and players in general over the years have been disrespected often in the NFL.
antonio brown is smaller than edelman and he gets plenty of hype

how much is size and how much is the type of routes they run....shorter route guys vs deep route guys

I think the 'type' of receiver that Edelman gets classified as that gets him overlooked.

Short, slot receivers who rely heavily on YAC don't get the same respect that tall, athletic receivers get who do most of their route running down the field.

Oddly enough though Edelman lines up 'out wide' more than most people think.

But the bottom line is that people look at deep threats and slot receivers as comparing apples and oranges.

how much is size and how much is the type of routes they run....shorter route guys vs deep route guys
I wrote disrespected often, not always. But, you're correct about the reality and/or perception about the nature of the routes specific guys run.

Here's a hint...it's not about the color of Jules's skin.

It's the man who's throwing to him. The cause of so much butthurt among the jackwagons of the league.

Let that sink in.
I can agree with that assessment, not sure you have to be so condescending about delivering it..

I think you are being naive though if you think JE being white has nothing to do with it... Why is Brady considered to be throwing to a "bunch of nobodies"?

Oh yea, because they're white.

Last edited:
Jordy Nelson probably gets too much praise, I think its just about narrative and height.
Eric Decker is the one that gets me. If he isn't a JAG, I don't know who is.

That's a great point.. Edelman's Forte is also not as "sexy" as A's, that has to factor in.

Eric Decker is the one that gets me. If he isn't a JAG, I don't know who is.
I thought he was, but his play with jets has surprised me, one of their few bright spots

Obviously got hurt this year but last year over a thousand yards and 12 tds, not bad considering who was throwing to him..

I thought he was, but his play with jets has surprised me, one of their few bright spots

Obviously got hurt this year but last year over a thousand yards and 12 tds, not bad considering who was throwing to him..
Actually, after posting that I looked up his stats. Oops! He put up very impressive numbers with Denver. I was wrong.

Antonio Brown is also significantly better than Edelman

Just looking at the list it's insane who Jerry Rice has 2,200 playoff receiving yards and the next best is 1,300. That guy is just unbelievable.

And yes, I know that a big part of this stat is the 'opportunity to play in x amount of playoff games' but still.

It would be like if Brady and Moss played together for 15 years.

I can agree with that assessment, not sure you have to be so condescending about delivering it..

I think you are being naive though if you think JE being white has nothing to do with it... Why is Brady considered to be throwing to a "bunch of nobodies"?

Oh yea, because they're white.

When did you start watching the Patriots? 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST