PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman passed Wes Welker, Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison and Lynn Swann on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With his 118 receiving yards, Julian Edelman moved into sole possession of 17th place on the NFL career playoffs receiving yards leaders. He only needs 63 yards in the Super Bowl to get to 1,000 post-season career receiving yards. He currently sits at #7 all-time in post-season receptions. Just amazing.

Check out this list:
NFL Career Playoffs Receiving Yards Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

There is a place in the Patriot Hall of Fame waiting for him. It is a shame he doesn't seem to get the respect from elsewhere in the league he deserves. then again, he strikes me as not giving a toss.

There is a place in the Patriot Hall of Fame waiting for him. It is a shame he doesn't seem to get the respect from elsewhere in the league he deserves. then again, he strikes me as not giving a toss.
Its because he's short, and white... the only reason why.

Edit:
Other good factors mentioned, Brady throwing to him, his route style

But WE'RE the racist ones lol

Last edited:
Good for him. Proud for Jules!

Though treading very carefully, there does seem to be a stereotype of what a WR in the NFL should look like, and it is safe to say that Jules doesn't fit that look. Maybe it is the obsession with metrics and measurables.

However, give me the guy you can throw to 10 times to extend drives any day of the week.

Fun fact, Amendola has more playoff touchdowns than Harrison.

No reason to believe he won't be top 3 in both playoff receptions and yards after next season, imho.

There are plenty of white receivers that have gotten accolades over the years and decades.

The thing that holds all New England receivers back is the fact they catch passes from Brady.

I heard it all week. Hogan couldn't break into the top 3 at Buffalo, a team that hasn't been in the playoffs in many, many years. The same people who say this about Hogan or Edelman also disparaged Troy Brown, Deion Branch, and David Givens this week. I heard the same thing. Branch was just average at Seattle.

I don't think this critique is about race. These people will only give props to Moss and Welker because they did it elsewhere. They are quick to bring up Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.

i think it was deion sanders but after the game sunday deion said jules was one of the best in the league, and that it was sort of like reverse racisim that he doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Yesterday on WFAN, Francesa had a caller who said Brady throws to nobodies and specifically mentioned Edelman.

Mike, for 2 minutes, talked about what a GREAT player Jules is, how tough and clutch he is, and how Mike would want JE on his team any day of the week.

He might have talked longer, but I'd passed out from shock by then. LOL

Just looking at the list it's insane who Jerry Rice has 2,200 playoff receiving yards and the next best is 1,300. That guy is just unbelievable.

And yes, I know that a big part of this stat is the 'opportunity to play in x amount of playoff games' but still.

Plenty of white receivers over many decades from Fred Bietnikoff to Jordy Nelson have gotten well-deserved credit. Now, if you want to talk size, I think you're on to something. Smaller receivers and players in general over the years have been disrespected often in the NFL.

Just looking at the list it's insane who Jerry Rice has 2,200 playoff receiving yards and the next best is 1,300. That guy is just unbelievable.

And yes, I know that a big part of this stat is the 'opportunity to play in x amount of playoff games' but still.

1,100 of that with stickum.

For his talent and regualr season production, Marvin Harrison was a sub-standard playoff performer.

Gimme JE11 any day of the week.
A true Colt at heart...Absurd he's in over TO. Say what you want about him but I'll go to war with TO in the playoffs anyday over Marvin.

A true Colt at heart...Absurd he's in over TO. Say what you want about him but I'll go to war with TO in the playoffs anyday over Marvin.

Terrell Owens?

If so totally agree.

Another reason the HoF voting process is a complete joke.

It's good that he isn't being buried in laurels. Respect is overrated. Let them keep ignoring him, and Dola and Hogan and Mitchell and Floyd too. Too much 'respect' means too much attention paid to each and every off-field issue. No need to be big on FaceChat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back