PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman, Cunningham, Ventrone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Edelman, Cunningham and Ventrone had ZERO defensive reps until the last drive (garbage time). Brown and Guyton didn't even get in then. Of course, Vareen and Price weren't een active.

Perhaps we believe that injury is the issue for Guyton, Vareen and Price.

Wrong. Ihedigbo was spelled by Ventrone for a couple of plays well before the last series.

So, Ventrone's two snaps came earlier? OK

Wrong. Ihedigbo was spelled by Ventrone for a couple of plays well before the last series.

It would appear we didnt have 45 healthy players to suit up, and Guyton was the most healthy of the unhealthy.
He has done nothing that would warrant being behind Tarpinian and White all of a sudden.

While I agree with you, the issue is whether White or Tarp did well enough to impress Belichick enough to use them in the regular offense, with the reps coming at Guyton's expense.

It would appear we didnt have 45 healthy players to suit up, and Guyton was the most healthy of the unhealthy.
He has done nothing that would warrant being behind Tarpinian and White all of a sudden.

While I agree with you, the issue is whether White or Tarp did well enough to impress Belichick enough to use them in the regular offense, with the reps coming at Guyton's expense.

Its illogical to assume that frankly, after Guyton was injured in the prior game.
Those guys were special teamers pressed into action, they really didnt have a chance to take Guytons job away and even if they challenged he wouldn't have sat all day while Tracy White played more defensive snaps than he has in his previous Patriot career.

could Edelman learn to become a JAG CB?

he is kinda worthless at WR... our secondary is battered. Is JE a viable contender to get snaps in real time?

it is probably asking a lot... they are PROS so the athleticism is there.:rocker:

Edelman, Cunningham and Ventrone had ZERO defensive reps until the last drive (garbage time). Brown and Guyton didn't even get in then. Of course, Vareen and Price weren't een active.

Perhaps we believe that injury is the issue for Guyton, Vareen and Price.

Wow, what has gotten into you mgteich? You have started like 503 threads in about a week.

he is kinda worthless at WR... our secondary is battered. Is JE a viable contender to get snaps in real time?

it is probably asking a lot... they are PROS so the athleticism is there.:rocker:

Troy Brown probably thinks he can play cb. I don't think i'd call him worthless at reciever. He's one injury away from playing every down :rolleyes:

Looks like Edelman's been working at CB more often than we thought. From BB's latest press conference:
Q: When you put Julian Edelman in, do you keep it real simple on defense?

BB: No, he has to be able to play what we're running. We're not probably looking to run every single call in the book at that point; we're going with two or three calls there at the end of the game because of the situation. He'll know enough; he does know enough. He's a smart kid. He's worked in there before. He would know enough to do be able to do whatever it is we have.

Q: He's had work on defense?

BB: Yeah.

Q: Just in practice settings?

BB: Yeah. Since he's been here, yeah.

I'm trying to figure out your handle...are you saying you're a very large human organism?

I'm trying to figure out your handle...are you saying you're a very large human organism?
Not quite. It actually says I'm "a crazy ghost." I thought it was a fitting handle for a mostly-lurking member of an Internet message board. :)

Edelman worthless at WR?
Remember when Welker went down?
Julian is a great WR. KR's have been avg. in games lately.
He could fill in at DB.
Remember Troy Brown helping at DB?
Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back