PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'Early' Playoff Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people counting philly out? A win this week at NY puts them right back in the thick of things for a wc spot or possibly the east.

Giants, Pats, Jets and Dallas on their schedule. they lose at least 2 more, 8-8 at best.

Giants, Pats, Jets and Dallas on their schedule. they lose at least 2 more, 8-8 at best.

have a look at the Giants schedule. If they eagles can get it together and play like they did a few weeks ago against a good Dallas team they'll be right there at the end of the season.

I think the Eagles game and getting upset in Washington are two dangerous games...Denver is always tough at home,even without a throwing QB

I look for San Francisco and Cincinnati to beat the Steelers,Cleveland has a history of giving the Steelers fits as well and could be an upset,I really don't think the Steelers are as good as some think and even if they only lose two more,they have lost both games to Baltimore which would give them the 5 seed.

The Ravens looked bad Sunday but hasn't every team this season?...even Green Bay had looked beaten at Minnesota until an incredible Rodgers comeback pulled out a win.

I just think that the Ravens look best overall this year in the AFC,their defense is very good and if Flacco improves and Rice overcomes a slow start they will be tough.....Ray Lewis and Ed Reed badly want to win another SB before they retire and that defense should be a tough group as the season wears on.

There are a lot of ifs this season,it's just my opinion that Houston and Baltimore have the most overall talent to get the top seeds......the jury is out on Matt Leinart, so that could be an issue.

The Redskins are on a five game losing streak and you expect the Pats to lose to them? In the last five weeks, they have lost to the Eagles, Carolina, Miami, San Fran, and the Bills. Right now, the 49ers are the only good team in that bunch. In those games, Washington scored more than 13 points once (against Carolina they scored 20 points). Four week ago, I might agreed with you that the Redskins might win, but they are horrible now. They have absolutely no offense and their defense isn't nearly as good as it was at the start of the season.

Personally, I think Philly will lose this weekend basically knocking them out of any legitimate playoff contention. DeSean Jackson is airing his dirty laundry in public after getting benched last weekend. The Dream Team has turned into a nightmare. I can see the FedEx field crowd being more hostile to the home team than to the Patriots in two weeks. Besides, Michael Vick hasn't been very good this year.

Last edited:
1- PITTSBURGH, 12-4
2- NEW ENGLAND, 12-4

3- HOUSTON, 11-5
4- OAKLAND, 9-7
5- BALTIMORE, 11-5
6- CINCINNATI, 11-5
I was doing some thinking about this this morning. The Patriots have the inside track to one of the first round byes. Only one team can win the AFC North and I just don't see Houston keeping pace with us given their QB problems and our easy schedule. Beyond that, quite honestly, I'm not so sure I wouldn't maybe rather have the #2 seed.

The #5 seed is virtually guaranteed to be whoever doesn't win the division between Baltimore or Pittsburgh. If/when that team beats a weak #4 seed, they'll play the number 1 seed. I'd rather have the easier game against a weak #3 seed than have to host Baltimore of Pittsburgh.

Of course, my master plan breaks down if the #6 seed (possibly the Jets) beats the #3 seed. Then the #1 seed hosts the Jets and we get the #4-#5 winner, likely the Ravens or Steelers.

Last edited:
1 Steelers
2 Patriots
3 Texans
4 Raiders
5 Ravens
6 Jets

Jets defeat Texans
Ravens defeat Raiders

Jets @ Steelers
Ravens @ Patriots

Dont know what happens after that.