PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dynasties? Hmmm.

Sigh. The dynasty word again. 3 out of 4 is not a dynasty. 4 years is not a dynasty, it can be a great 4 year stretch but it's not a dynasty. A dynasty is a minimum of a decade, several championships, even more conference title game wins/appearances. A dynasty requires the element of time, which isn't achieved in 3 frickin' years.
True now but that's because the Patriots 20 year run changed the meaning in NFL history terms at least

Is there a Google translate for sentences like this?
What's so hard to understand? He's saying that there's a point to be made that he doesn't think that there's no argument against the position that the Chiefs don't have an undynasty. It's obvious.

Thats a pretty big assumption, especially considering the way tampa dominated them in the trenches last year on both sides and their collapse against cincy was probably 90% on mahomes. Were also discounting the fact that kc barely escaped against buffalo if not for a total collapse by their d, and in their lone title win them needing 3 double digit comebacks. Nothing is coming ‘easy’ for that team.

And even if we did believe this about the non choking coach being the only issue there, its still making my original point. Reid , with all his weaknesses, is still widely considered an elite hc right now. To improve from him is going to a bb level coach to pair with mahomes. And that’s essentially the extreme rare circumstance/ combo i was talking about which is unlikely to occur, which is why 3 of 4 probably doesn’t happen in the current setup.
3 out of 4.

Last year would be the year they didn't win.

If Sean Payton were coaching KC, I'd bet they win 3 of 4

3 out of 4.

Last year would be the year they didn't win.

If Sean Payton were coaching KC, I'd bet they win 3 of 4

Again still major assumptions here. That the mahomes meltdown doesn’t happen…. and that they even win this game today too. Then they win next years sb with ease. Im sure making these kind of guesses well have lots of teams that could take 3 out of 4 but in terms of teams that will actually DO it.. i don’t think we see it truthfully

Again still major assumptions here. That the mahomes meltdown doesn’t happen…. and that they even win this game today too. Then they win next years sb with ease. Im sure making these kind of guesses well have lots of teams that could take 3 out of 4 but in terms of teams that will actually DO it.. i don’t think we see it truthfully
Of course those are major assumptions. I start by assuming that Reid isn't the coach. What do you want me to do? How else am I supposed to do it? Shunt myself into a parallel universe?

Of course those are major assumptions. I start by assuming that Reid isn't the coach. What do you want me to do? How else am I supposed to do it? Shunt myself into a parallel universe?

Thats the whole point, i dont know how you can claim something is easy when major assumptions are involved

Thats the whole point, i dont know how you can claim something is easy when major assumptions are involved
IF they didn't have Reid as coach. That's what I wrote. That team coached by Payton or or a half dozen other coaches wins it 3x out of 4.

What's so hard to understand? He's saying that there's a point to be made that he doesn't think that there's no argument against the position that the Chiefs don't have an undynasty. It's obvious.

I won’t be be damned if I don’t think anyone wouldn’t argue against the counter point that you’re translation wasn’t lacking not in any way.

The chiefs certainly had a chance but failed to capitalize when the window was open.

Well the Bengals dynasty lasted all of 2 weeks

I won’t be be damned if I don’t think anyone wouldn’t argue against the counter point that you’re translation wasn’t lacking not in any way.
Of course you aren't. Don't everybody do?

It’s going to be tough for any team unless you have a QB that is obsessed like Tom Brady, having a Coach like Bill along with hitting on the draft and FA.

Chiefs had a shot, but imploded. Mahomes is stubborn and has a wife and brother who are major distractions. Coach still makes bizarre decisions that are costly. Team hasn’t drafted well lately.

We’re going to see a lot of parity.
I agree but you need a QB who is not only obsessed but also willing to take below market contracts. I have said this for years but the stability of NE for two decades will never be repeated from Kraft to Bill to Brady. As much as we all groan about the ending, 20 years will never ever be done again as long as the cap/FA are in place.

One other thing to consider that was not happening during our run, superstar players are starting to adopt the NBA attitude of getting out of town when they are not happy. We saw Ramsey do that and Odell this year and of course Rodgers is probably next and Wilson. It is going to be harder and harder for orgs to keep their top talent when they inevitable have to rebuild every 5 years or so. Guys are going to jump.

I look at a dynasty in 10 year segments. Of course you have to win multiple super bowls in that 10 year segment. So the only real organizations that can claim a real dynasty in my lifetime are the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, and the Patriots...unless i am just missing some other teams.

Of course you aren't. Don't everybody do?

I don’t say no I’m not gonna lie when I say no one can ever tell you you’re not wrong.

the 1 team per conference bye will disappear when they get to 18 games and expand the playoffs to 16 teams

i think a jumping off point for a dynasty is 2/3 or back to back championships, as long as the team remains competitive after the initial playoff run
With 16 teams, I think there'd have to be zero byes. Otherwise with 8 teams in each conference and 2 byes, you'd have 3 Wild Card winners advancing to play the 2 teams with a bye.

With 16 teams, I think there'd have to be zero byes. Otherwise with 8 teams in each conference and 2 byes, you'd have 3 Wild Card winners advancing to play the 2 teams with a bye.
yeah, Dingleberry pointed that out... the magic number is 14 teams per conference... just never went back to correct the original post... i should probably do that... what I needed to add, and didn't, is that you have to expand the playoffs by 1 round... it could either be a full blown round, or a play-in game... This is all based on the supposition that they won't do this until they expand the league... first to 36 then to possibly 40 teams...

R1 O.A.G. Round or the M.M. Round
1, 2 bye week
3-14, 4-13, 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, 8-9

R2 Wild Card
1-8 ,2-7, 3-6, 4-5

R3 Divisional Round
1-4, 2-3

R4 Conference Championship
1-2

The Super Bowl©®℗™
1-1

In a 10 year period, whomsoever has the same qb- coach combination with at least 5 conference championship appearances and at least one ring can be considered a dynasty .

In a 10 year period, whomsoever has the same qb- coach combination with at least 5 conference championship appearances and at least one ring can be considered a dynasty .
so you think the Kansas City Domestic Abusers would qualify as a dynasty if they made the AFC Conference Championship next season?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back