PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dude. 28.......to THREE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so freaking Crazy, how far we've come...

When 2001 happened, it was far more than a Dream Come True.

It was far more than our wildest Dreams coming True.

We were The Ultimate UnderDogs.

We were the 427th most talented team in the League. Swear to God. I ordered 20 Piece Chicken McNuggets and Double Dirty Dog Greasy McCheeseBurgers from at least 17 McEmployees who could've made our 53 Man Roster, based on Talent, alone...if Talent was the only consideration on The Field of Battle.

Every Cliche.

Every worn-out Cliche about TeamWork, about 53 men and far more ~ Coaches, Practice Squad, Support Staff, Et Cetera ~ pulling together to forge something far more than the sum'f their parts...The loud, thunderous Manifestation of all that Sport and Competition stands for...finally came True with the 2001 Patriots.

Even if you rooted for any of the other 30 or so Teams ~ if you had any Soul at all ~ you were proud of Mankind when we pulled off that Miracle.

And that, as it turned out...was just The Beginning. :eek:

It's so freaking Crazy, how far we've come...

When 2001 happened, it was far more than a Dream Come True.

It was far more than our wildest Dreams coming True.

We were The Ultimate UnderDogs.

We were the 427th most talented team in the League. Swear to God. I ordered 20 Piece Chicken McNuggets and Double Dirty Dog Greasy McCheeseBurgers from at least 17 McEmployees who could've made our 53 Man Roster, based on Talent, alone...if Talent was the only consideration on The Field of Battle.

Every Cliche.

Every worn-out Cliche about TeamWork, about 53 men and far more ~ Coaches, Practice Squad, Support Staff, Et Cetera ~ pulling together to forge something far more than the sum'f their parts...The loud, thunderous Manifestation of all that Sport and Competition stands for...finally came True with the 2001 Patriots.

Even if you rooted for any of the other 30 or so Teams ~ if you had any Soul at all ~ you were proud of Mankind when we pulled off that Miracle.

And that, as it turned out...was just The Beginning. :eek:
We were a loveable team for a few years.

Then.......

The game was so far out of reach, this was an actual thread on the Falcons board

WORLD CHAMPIONS

That is the very definition of Kharma. There is no way on God's green Earth that I would ever tempt fate by putting something like that in writing on the Internet until the final second had ticked off the clock. We all saw what Malcolm Butler did to the Seattle Seahawks inside the 5 yard line in 2015.

Atlanta Falcons fans are learning the hard way what we learned in 1976 (up yours, Ben Dreith!), 2007 (double up yours David Tyree!!), 2011 (triple up your Mario Manningham!!!). That's not to mention Bucky Dent, Aaron Boone, Bill Buckner, etc. Of course, there's game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup finals. 17 seconds. And my own personal cross to bear - Villanova's Kris Jenkins knocking in the shot at the buzzer to beat UNC in the 2016 NCAA Finals.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

Last edited:
I liked Belichick's reaction to the FG after the game. "Well. We needed three...you know, to make it a two score game. So, that was OK."

Funny thing is, that's more or less what I said to my kid after they kicked the FG; I think I was more concerned that Gostkowski would miss the kick than I was about their ability to score two TD's. But, at the time, I was probably just delusional anyway.

"At the time"? :cool:

I've rewatched this 41 minute you tube version so, so many times. It only has 1.4 mil views so I don't understand why the rest of you are not watching it.:cool: It's a good thing I don't have a smart phone because I'd be killed crossing a street while watching it.

What really blew my mind was the two, 2 pt conversions in a row. As it was unfolding that was the one thing I thought very nearly impossible. The second one was under a minute, they make it, game tied, they don't, game over.

View attachment 17309
Everything didn't quite go perfectly for us, but you're right, there was no margin for error on the conversions.

The really impressive thing about this game in general is that both teams did not give up. They kept playing the whole time. The Falcons didn't lose their composure, and I didn't see much real frustration on their side. Atlanta was one of the least dislikeable opponents we've had in years.

The game was so far out of reach, this was an actual thread on the Falcons board

WORLD CHAMPIONS
20130731-173917.jpg

I've rewatched this 41 minute you tube version so, so many times. It only has 1.4 mil views so I don't understand why the rest of you are not watching it.:cool: It's a good thing I don't have a smart phone because I'd be killed crossing a street while watching it.

What really blew my mind was the two, 2 pt conversions in a row. As it was unfolding that was the one thing I thought very nearly impossible. The second one was under a minute, they make it, game tied, they don't, game over.

Even if the Pats missed the second 2 point conversion they still would have won. They would have taken the onside kick, run off 28 yards of plays and then kicked a 3 pointer to win it.

Last edited:
The only stranger outcome would have been for Bill Belichick to call for a Free Kick after Edelman's fair catch with 3 seconds left. Then Ghost would have kicked a 75 yard unimpeded, low trajectory, Field Goal to win in regulation.

While millions of fans exclaimed that isn't legal... And others would be asking what is a Free Kick?

Brutal loss. 28-3 Brady has to go.

I liked Belichick's reaction to the FG after the game. "Well. We needed three...you know, to make it a two score game. So, that was OK."

Funny thing is, that's more or less what I said to my kid after they kicked the FG; I think I was more concerned that Gostkowski would miss the kick than I was about their ability to score two TD's. But, at the time, I was probably just delusional anyway.

I turned to my friends at the same time and said 'only 2 score game, we aren't done yet'. And got soundly mocked. I'm serious I hadn't given up.

I turned to my friends at the same time and said 'only 2 score game, we aren't done yet'. And got soundly mocked. I'm serious I hadn't given up.
I really wish I could say that I was confident as you...but, I have to be honest and say that i wasn't. But, I did see the FG as a score they would need if they were going to have any chance of getting to a tie, as, barring a pick six or fumble recovery for a TD, I didn't think they'd have time time to march down the field three more times.

It was only when Hightower strip sacked Ryan that I let myself say, "You know, this isn't over." When Edelman made his catch all I could do was mumble, "Karma. Let it be Karma." I was so drained by the time White scored the game winner that all I could do was shout, "**** me! **** me! You're ****ing kidding me."

what the comeback did was eviscerate Goodell once and for all. He's a eunuch now. The world now knows his "article 46!" sham was just that...a scummy piece of backstabbing criminality that has YET to be properly addressed and punished. What mystifies me is how he thinks he is going to walk away from all the shyt he's pulled and shuffle off to a nice warm fuzzy retirement.His ignorance is only exceeded by his arrogance.

My godson (he is 10) went to bed at half time. He said "Meh, I am not worried."

When he woke up, he asked his dad if the Pats had won. His dad tried to trick him but the little guy has so much faith in Brady and the Patriots that he didn't believe that they could have lost. He was right.

Many GDT posters should learn from him hahaha

a scummy piece of backstabbing criminality that has YET to be properly addressed and punished
...same goes for 2007...no sign there'll ever be justice for either sham, but it remains vital for people like us to promote awareness of the truth. Never Forget.

Happy Fathers' Day to all!

"Toss to White...heeeeee's IN! PATRIOTS WIN THE SUPER BOWL! BRADY HAS HIS FIFTH! What a comeback!"

My favorite call ever.

Regards,
Chris
Unequivocally the sweetest!

Need to get shirts printed.....

I remember walking out of that stadium...hearing the chats of "Lets go Patriots". Could hear it from the parking lot.

I hear it everyday

That Atlanta thread is just........ amazing. Its almost as entertaining as the youtube videos of Seahawk reactions from 2 years back after the interception.

I don't even know what to say, I really don't. I don't know where to begin.

"Brady sucked for the first 3 quarters he's overrated"
Brady did more in 18 minutes of regulation than Ryan was able to do for a hell lot more time than that.

"System QB"
I still don't understand what this means or what angle anyone can argue with this topic. Ya we went 11-5 in 2008, who cares? No one has ever said Brady carries this team we know we have a great supporting staff, especially on defense these last couple years and our (always) rock solid special teams. Brady reads defenses better than anyone on the planet, can't really take that away from him.

"Brady wouldn't have this success on another team"
Oh, why? Because this team if full of hall of fame offensive players? We just made an all time greatest comeback using a couple short white boys, a lacrosse player, and the best tight end in the game on the sidelines. Please sit down. I'll respect the fact that BB/TB is a lethal combo as well as the rest of the patriot organization, but duh... thats what every single team needs to win a SB. Every aspect of the team needs to be running on all cylinders, players and admin.

I feel like a little kid on christmas morning reading that thread and watching all the melt sessions. That moron saying the Pats are going 9-7 literally made me pee my pants a little when i read it. Helen Keler on LSD and meth wouldn't be f'ed up enough to say the Pats are going 9-7 next year. Every single NFL analyst is saying the best team in the league just got better after the trades and what not. And then you got this bozo, legit convinced, that the Pats are going to have their worst season in the last 15 years, at a time where some could argue the height of Brady's career.

We are talking about a 39 year old who threw a 28:2 ratio for TD to INT and was ranked what... top 5 QBR for passing over 20 yards?

Anyone who says Brady is in decline is legit out of his/her mind. Even if his physical ability has gone down a little bit due to age, he has more than made up for it with mental ability, thats for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back