Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you were the GM and both were available, who would you draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I've been seeing a split of support for these two QBs. Who do you prefer we draft if both were still available and why?

I love both guys, but if both are available I’m taking Drake Maye. With him, it’s a matter of “when” not “if..” I think Daniels will be effective in the league, but when Maye reaches his potential (ideally) he is everything you look for in a QB. ALL of these guys are developmental prospects; none are finished products. Truth be told, Maye’s being picked apart the most of any QB, which tells me he has the most potential & also that the draft can’t get here soon enough. Lastly, what did Wolf say?….”Draft & develop…” So if Daniels goes #2 to the Redskins, we will “draft” Maye at #3 & “develop” him. He just needs to refine his mechanics & pressure diagnostics. Understandably, it will take some time for him to get acclimated, but I feel confident in his abilities augmented by AVP’s/McAdoo’s coaching/teaching. We already have a pretty good defense. Protect him & add some nice pieces, we’ll have a Pro-Bowl/All-Pro QB for years. Maye @ #3

Last edited:
I went with Maye. I like both but I think Mayes room for growth at the next level is higher than Daniels is, and if he achieves that then he will be the franchise QB they need to make them a contender. Let him sit for a year and really coach him hard to get him a full understanding of the offense, and load up on the OL and skill positions around him.

And Maye can make burgers appear out of thin air. No more bologna sandwiches.

OIG..E.F3V_2fHSze4EanI5c copy.jpeg

200w.gif

I went with Daniels only because Maye's very long windup and his propensity to lock in and take his eyes off the field when rushed.

I like a compact quick throwing motion and faster processing.

Last edited:
If Wash takes Maye we should take McCarthy.
If Maye is there I think we take him even though Mccarthy’s been my binkie.
Pretty much agree here. I’ve really wanted JJ all along but I have to put personal bias and admit after taking in all the info that Drake is probably the better pick between the 2 If both are available.

I truly feel Jayden Daniels would be a massive mistake. Would rather trade down and get penix who I think is better

I went with Daniels only because Maye's very long windup and his propensity to lock in and take his eyes off the ball when rushed.

would you say that's what Mac had?

Focusing on the important things, why different number on front of jersey and shoulders?

Because rookie numbers aren't assigned until well into training camp.

I went with Daniels only because Maye's very long windup and his propensity to lock in and take his eyes off the ball when rushed.

Although I chose Maye I find it ironic that so many here don’t want Daniel’s when people were so excited at just a glimpse of Malik Cunningham, and so pissed Belichick let him go. The one thing that is certain about Daniels is that people will be glued to their sets watching him play, because he’s really exciting QB to watch.

Every one of them are going to have to be coached up, and no one knows who will take to that coaching and who won’t. And none of us really know how passionate they are about winning, and what they will sacrifice to become great. Those are the attributes that made Brady the GOAT, and those are the qualities that will ultimately make or break these prospects.

I picked Maye because he has a better arm. However, I'm pretty confident in these thoughts:
Daniels will be at minimum a solid starting QB, just above the Justin Fields level, at worst.
Maye will be a top 5 QB or a career backup.

Maye has the higher upside, but Daniels has the higher chance of being a success. I pick the higher upside because a top 5 QB allows you to win with less roster talent than the #15 QB in the NFL.
In the end both maybe similarly successful.

Drake Maye had 5,000 total yards & 45 TDs in his first season as a starter. He’s 6’4”, has a cannon, mobile & accurate in the middle of the field. On top of that he’s been charted well under pressure & also led PFF in big time throws the last two years.

In another draft he would be the #1 pick. He’s who I wanted since it’s been evident the pats had a chance at a top pick last season. Daniels age, frame & propensity to run under pressure are concerning. I’m surprised the commanders may draft him as he’s currently -350 to go #2 overall.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back