PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez gives us nothing in the running game. But he can really contribute in the passing game.

I have a feeling that AD is going to be trade for another pick soon no idea why i have that feeling but it's going to happen

Personally, I think the Pats might trade him for a 2011 pick. They have too many picks this year as it is. If they can get a fifth for him this year, they might be able to get a fourth for him next year.

So maybe we're going to throw to the TE's this year? I preferred Sapp or Hardy there to stock up more young talent at OLB. Hernandez is a solid pick but I don't know. I would've liked to see another OLB taken instead after we just spent a 2nd rounder on Gronkowski.

7th round compensatory picks can't be traded, so we will pick up the players that would have been our UDFA for the practice squad and training camp.

We got a low 1st round talent in Grankowski and a mid-second round talent in Hernadez!

Pure receiving tight end, so far, but quite a receiver.
850 yards as a tight end, extremely productive.
A real receiving threat.

Weve got 5 7th round picks and Ill be damned if we make them all.

We will make them I bet. More value in this year's 7th than next year's 6th.

Otherwise there's almost no one who will want them in a trade up in earlier rounds. 7th round choices have very little trade point value.

Weve got 5 7th round picks and Ill be damned if we make them all.

Three of them are compensatory. That means they will be making those picks no matter what.

7th round compensatory picks can't be traded, so we will pick up the players that would have been our UDFA for the practice squad and training camp.

3 are comp picks so two are up for grabs.

national Football Post had him as the top-rated TE, over Gronk and Gresham. "A Dallas Clark-type prospect".

We still have room on the roster for a young DE, OLB, RB, P and QB.

Personally, I think the Pats might trade him for a 2011 pick. They have too many picks this year as it is. If they can get a fifth for him this year, they might be able to get a fourth for him next year.

As a UConn fan, I was crushed when AH decommitted and went to UF. I don't blame him for the move by any stretch but he is someone I have watched very carefully over the last few years and am extremely happy with this pick.

So maybe we're going to throw to the TE's this year? I preferred Sapp or Hardy there to stock up more young talent at OLB. Hernandez is a solid pick but I don't know. I would've liked to see another OLB taken instead after we just spent a 2nd rounder on Gronkowski.

Hernandez will probably play a Dallas Clark like role in the team. He won't be used as a tight end in the conventional sense. Solid pick.

Does the suddenly stocked TE receiving corps make another WR less likely? Any thoughts?

does anyone else think the Pats made their picks .2 seconds after the Jets selected to let them know that no you didn't just trade up & steal the player we wanted? :D

FYI, the last two draft-eligible players from Florida are WR Riley Cooper and KR Brandon James.
Just saying...

Is it just me or have all the Gators been underestimated in this draft. I appologize to the Gators and especially the Gator defense. You guys were good for a reason and I should have believed in you.

Pure receiving tight end, so far, but quite a receiver.
850 yards as a tight end, extremely productive.
A real receiving threat.

In an offense that does not traditionally feature the TE.

Guess they musta been picking Tebow's brain on his temmates at that famous dinner in the North End. "So, tell me about ...":D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes