PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft a power RB? Re-sign Blount? Get Foster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've compared him to Blount all along. To me he's just a younger, stronger, tougher Blount with more upside at this point. Also another tall RB who wasn't half bad was Eddie George.
Yep. Eddie was tall. Brandon Jacobs too.

As long as you have quick feet and play with a good pad level taller RBs are fine.

Complete the stable with Keith Marshall please

I've compared him to Blount all along. To me he's just a younger, stronger, tougher Blount with more upside at this point. Also another tall RB who wasn't half bad was Eddie George.

The way that Henry reminds me of Blount is that early in the game against the top defenses his rushes tended to be: 2 yards....3 yards...5 yards......minus two yards....3 yards....65 yards, i.e., some small early game gains followed by some big break-throughs.

The George analogy is really a much better one for old farts like me that remember him. Although his upright running style causes Henry to get stood up at the line more often than one would think (especially early in the game), he is strong as an ox and he relishes contact (like George). Later on in the game, the gains Henry got bigger and bigger as he battered the defense. And,once he breaks into the secondary he makes it very, very hard to bring him down. Let's just say that late in the game some DB's got a little less aggressive about tacking this 242 pound of muscle. George could wear defenses down in a similar way, so he is probably a good analogy.

I disagree with Bama RB's. The only clear bust was Trent Richardson. Yeldon first year he looked fine, Lacy minus one year has been great for GB, and Ingram when given the chance in NOLA been good. Just look at some of the RB's hes shared carries with in his career there...
You definitely are entitled and I respect your view, AZ. I guess for me what I was thinking was how good they were at the college level and how highly touted they were coming out. Are they all busts, no. But have they lived up to the kind of billing they had coming out of school, no. Lacy is the only one who has played at a level comparable to his college production. Some could even look at a Reggie Bush and say he has somewhat underachieved at the pro level, be it injury or whatever else. But I agree that some of them have produced . . . just not at the level that I think many prognosticated. Maybe I just expected too much.

With all that said, I would still take a pass on Henry. Maybe he'll prove me way wrong, and I wouldn't be bothered by that. I've been wrong before. LOL

Some could even look at a Reggie Bush and say he has somewhat underachieved at the pro level, be it injury or whatever else. But I agree that some of them have produced . . . just not at the level that I think many prognosticated. Maybe I just expected too much.

With all that said, I would still take a pass on Henry. Maybe he'll prove me way wrong, and I wouldn't be bothered by that. I've been wrong before. LOL

Actually, Reggie Bush was a USC kid, although there's no doubt that he's underachieved in his NFL career. I share some of your concerns with Henry and some of the other 'Bama RBs, no doubt.

Also another tall RB who wasn't half bad was Eddie George.

Yeah, Eddie George wasn't too shabby ;)

I actually expected a higher YPC average for him, though. I was a bit surprised by that. He was a workhorse. He could handle lots of carries.

You definitely are entitled and I respect your view, AZ. I guess for me what I was thinking was how good they were at the college level and how highly touted they were coming out. Are they all busts, no. But have they lived up to the kind of billing they had coming out of school, no. Lacy is the only one who has played at a level comparable to his college production. Some could even look at a Reggie Bush and say he has somewhat underachieved at the pro level, be it injury or whatever else. But I agree that some of them have produced . . . just not at the level that I think many prognosticated. Maybe I just expected too much.

Reggie Bush as definitely under achieved in the pros. Doesn't mean he's sucked, but people were expecting him to be the Michael Jordan of RB's coming out of USC.

I think Trent Richardson is who really gives the Bama backs a bad name. I know his numbers really don't show it, but Ingram a really good back that I think is just playing on the wrong team.

My thing is I really, really like Henry! I know some people feel differently about him, but give Brady a 250lbs in-between the tackles, power running bull, and it'll make this offense that much better. I know Blounts the same size, but Blount thing not really being a power back. He's special once he gets to the open field, his ability to make LB's and DB's miss and taking one to the house.

Do I see Henry in a Pats uniform? No. I don't see him falling to us, nor us trading up to nab him. But imagine a RB trio for one year of Henry, Blount and Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back