PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doug Martin released by TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
can he rush the passer or play CB?

We are stacked at RB right now, so unless hes coming uber cheap, i'd rather put cap money at positions of greater need.

We are stacked at RB right now, so unless hes coming uber cheap, i'd rather put cap money at positions of greater need.

Stacked might be a strong word. Until we resign Gilleslie and/or Lewis, we have White (solid), Burkhead (solid but had injury issues) and Bolden (Great depth but not a regular offensive contributor). If we end up losing Lewis to FA, Martin could be a good replacement option. All depends on price.

The Pats don't have a single back you can hand the ball on 3rd and 1 and be confident he can get the yard.

Stacked might be a strong word. Until we resign Gilleslie and/or Lewis, we have White (solid), Burkhead (solid but had injury issues) and Bolden (Great depth but not a regular offensive contributor). If we end up losing Lewis to FA, Martin could be a good replacement option. All depends on price.
Burkhead is the FA, Gillislee is under contract.

I'd rather them re-sign Lewis. Martin was a fun back to watch in his absolute prime, but he's an injury waiting to happen.

The Pats don't have a single back you can hand the ball on 3rd and 1 and be confident he can get the yard.

I'd feel confident with Burkhead and Lewis in that situation. Problem is both are free agents.

I would not feel confident with Doug Martin in that situation. He was exciting to watch his rookie year but hasn't done a damn thing since other than a couple years ago.

Might as well go with Murray if we're looking at aging, injury prone RBs. Murray is a better pass catching RB. Although Lewis and Burkhead should be the main priorities at the position.

Brian Cushing has been released by Texans

????

We have the following RB's under contract: White and Gillislie.

and bolden.

we a re currently 3 deep at RB. Doug martin hasn't had more then 450 yards in three years. We would be better off signing a UDFA rookie, unless doug martin comes at vet minimum with zero guarantees.

Now Cushing I would bring in for a look.

Can you trust him? He’s a solid linebacker but can screw you over pissing hot at any time during the year.

With Dion Lewis likely going and Burkhead in the Witness Protection Program since returning from injury, we are not stacked at all.

That said, always loved Martin's body build with the low center of gravity, and he may have a year or 2 left.

Sort of a wasted career down there.

Cushing is a roid using tool-bag.

He's a good LB though and would instantly improve that corps unless his injury history has become too much for him to continue playing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back