Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Saw Doug Gabriel interviewed on Patriots All Access this morning and, damn -- I've NEVER seen a do-rag that big! The dreadlocks were piled about a foot on top of his head. How do these guys get a helmet on over that stuff? No way can it be comfortable playing and sweating wearing a standard poodle on your head. I wonder what started this fad with the brothas.

Tunescribe said:
Saw Doug Gabriel interviewed on Patriots All Access this morning and, damn -- I've NEVER seen a do-rag that big! The dreadlocks were piled about a foot on top of his head. How do these guys get a helmet on over that stuff? No way can it be comfortable playing and sweating wearing a standard poodle on your head. I wonder what started this fad with the brothas.
The same thing that made women wear high heels and men wear neck ties - genetic short circuits.

Jah Rules!

Any year now expect the NFL to add hair rules because the hair is becomming more popular. The NFL is so strict about the uniform I am amazed they waited this long. Me, I don't care, I think it's pretty cool... but I'm just making a guess here because the hair is becomming part of the uniform(shtik)

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:

Maybe is acts as padding, cushioning hits. I think he's on to something.;)

F.B.N. said:
Jah Rules!

Any year now expect the NFL to add hair rules because the hair is becomming more popular. The NFL is so strict about the uniform I am amazed they waited this long. Me, I don't care, I think it's pretty cool... but I'm just making a guess here because the hair is becomming part of the uniform(shtik)

You can't even read Troy Polamalu's name on the back if his jersey. There's nothing to prevent a player from grabbing a guy by the hair if he has the ball, is there? Seems like a matter of time before someone like Gabriel or Maroney gets tackled that way

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
You can't even read Troy Polamalu's name on the back if his jersey. There's nothing to prevent a player from grabbing a guy by the hair if he has the ball, is there? Seems like a matter of time before someone like Gabriel or Maroney gets tackled that way

NFL players have been wearing dreds for years. Nothing has happened that would stop guys from continuing to wear them in the future.

F.B.N. said:
Jah Rules!

I personally do not think they want to touch this subject, they can get into some very warm water by going there.

F.B.N. said:
Jah Rules!

It's really your own prerogative if you want to risk getting you hair yanked. Your not hurting anyone else by doing it.

zippo59 said:
NFL players have been wearing dreds for years. Nothing has happened that would stop guys from continuing to wear them in the future.

Don't be so sure about that...in fact you will be proven wrong soon.

zippo59 said:
It's really your own prerogative if you want to risk getting you hair yanked. Your not hurting anyone else by doing it.

The NFL has the strictist uniform rules of any league...it is a matter of time.

F.B.N. said:
The NFL has the strictist uniform rules of any league...it is a matter of time.

They're strict about uniforms, and long hair is not a uniform alteration.

Hey you may be right and they will make it a rule, but as of now I don't think they will.

zippo59 said:
They're strict about uniforms, and long hair is not a uniform alteration.

Hey you may be right and they will make it a rule, but as of now I don't think they will.

I'm thinking that the league might eventually have an issue with long hair obscuring the name in the back of the jersey. That might fall under the category of "jersey violation."

Tunescribe said:
I'm thinking that the league might eventually have an issue with long hair obscuring the name in the back of the jersey. That might fall under the category of "jersey violation."

The refs don't use names for indentification, they use the numbers. In college most teams don't even put names on the jerseys, but refs don't have a problem identifying players.

zippo59 said:
The refs don't use names for indentification, they use the numbers. In college most teams don't even put names on the jerseys, but refs don't have a problem identifying players.

I think the issue, if there might be one in this matter, is that the NFL is very image conscious and wants fans (not refs) to be able to read names on jerseys. That's what they're there for.

I get the Samoan thing but this guy today looked ridiculous with that orange Bengal helmet and uniform...wish I found a better picture. If you missed him he had a frizzy bush going down 2/3's of his back.

If anyone has a picture feel free to paste it in this thread.

bilde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back