PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont'a Hightower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big ice pack on the sideline. He rode the bike then stood on the sideline when they took the ice pack off. If it was worse I assume he would have been in the locker room. DA was no where to be found late in the game.

Great news. My only concern is if he doesn't play against the Saints, the defense is in for a looooong day.

i'm prepared to get roasted alive here but....

They should sit donta next week. we need to get someone else some actual reps incase he goes down again. might as well take a beat early in the season getting the pieces in the right position to make a strong mid/late season push.

I'd play it safe keep him out and bring him back week 3. Long season with a weak division.

My over reaction to last night. High needs to be back at MLB with occasional edge rushing.

I thought the pass rush was OK last night. maybe even a little better than OK.

I thought the biggest issue was the LBs. Part of that was playing what I would best describe as a 3-3 nickle except 1 of the OLBs (mostly High) lined up on the line and the other OLB was usually Chung or Richards. This left KVN on an island as what looked like the only LB on the field at times.

The LB play or lack of a presance of LBs was made worse by the fact that the extra DBs didn't seem to help much with the coverage.

yep. @docflynn called it last night so i took the luxury of not being too worried ..

id take week one stinker with short-term injuries to Dola and High over win and loss of D-Mac f.e. and day of the week (Thursday included)

Anyone notice the trend with HT that these injuries always happen in September/October? He always seems to remain mostly healthy when it comes to later in the year.

It's no wonder the guy has hardly ever played in the preseason.

My over reaction to last night. High needs to be back at MLB with occasional edge rushing.

I thought the pass rush was OK last night. maybe even a little better than OK.

I thought the biggest issue was the LBs. Part of that was playing what I would best describe as a 3-3 nickle except 1 of the OLBs (mostly High) lined up on the line and the other OLB was usually Chung or Richards. This left KVN on an island as what looked like the only LB on the field at times.

The LB play or lack of a presance of LBs was made worse by the fact that the extra DBs didn't seem to help much with the coverage.

Harris and Roberts will be a part of equations here as well. Id like to see High used all over actually . hopefully with Marsh (and Langi when he recovers) they get good on the line edge alternative, Wise looks surprisingly ready so that opens some other D looks as well..

Harris and Roberts will be a part of equations here as well. Id like to see High used all over actually . hopefully with Marsh (and Langi when he recovers) they get good on the line edge alternative, Wise looks surprisingly ready so that opens some other D looks as well..
Wise was a good sign. Like to see him get more reps.

i'm prepared to get roasted alive here but....

They should sit donta next week. we need to get someone else some actual reps incase he goes down again. might as well take a beat early in the season getting the pieces in the right position to make a strong mid/late season push.

So you are ok if they lose 28-27 on a late 4th qtr rushing touchdown that came on High's side?

Anyone notice the trend with HT that these injuries always happen in September/October? He always seems to remain mostly healthy when it comes to later in the year.

It's no wonder the guy has hardly ever played in the preseason.
He was also hurt vs DEN late in 2015 season.

When did Hightower leave? Anyone have the exact time?

So you are ok if they lose 28-27 on a late 4th qtr rushing touchdown that came on High's side?

Are you okay with the pats winning 28-27, but watching hightower blow out his sprained knee on a final run stop, resulting in him being on Ir for the rest of the year?

See i can do fantastical scenarios too.

Roberts has his limitations but I like him.

Harris I'm afraid is cooked. I didn't like what I saw out of him in TC and exhibitition but I gave him the benefit of not needing to impress in TC or preseason but the lack of use last night confirms what I saw in TC. Still just one game so I'll give him a little more time but I'm not sure there is much left in Harris' tank.

Langi is a nice project but how much can you count on him.

Wise looked good and I think we have no choice but to use him more and more. I was also OK with the play of Marsh so hopefully production from these 2 can help get High back to the MLB and situational edge duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down