PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont'a Hightower Retires

I said it in the McCourty retirement thread as well, but McCourty/Hightower was the second half dynasty's Harrison/Bruschi: Great players, great leaders, multi-ring wearers who played their best in the big moments. The forced fumble against the Falcons, the Marshawn Lynch tackle (with a bum shoulder) that setup Butler's INT, multiple sacks in the lowest scoring SB ever. Dude was nails when the team needed it most. Congrats on your retirement Donta!

my first jersey,,,,great name, great player...hope he can have a future role here

What a great player! He was clutch in two Superbowl wins with his goal line stop of Marshawn Lynch and strip sack of Matt Ryan. All-time Patriot great.

Great player. All the best of luck to him. Never would have beat Seattle without him. Still only 33. Damn.

What a great player! He was clutch in two Superbowl wins with his goal line stop of Marshawn Lynch and strip sack of Matt Ryan. All-time Patriot great.
2 sacks in SB53 too and that Ram offense only put up 3 points. Clutch in all 3. Could of used him vs Philly.

amazing player. amazing career. great player who played his best in biggest games in games' biggest moments. a true patriot. brought us so many amazing memories. thank you donta

Any chance his name could be spelled correctly in the title?

He had an incredible amount of keys plays, against Marshawn, stripping Matt Ryan, creating havoc against the Rams.

Really so many great key plays.

Absolute legend.

The "epic" Adam Seward thread btw

Reactions: ALP
One of my favorite Patriots over the second half of the dynasty. That forced fumble in Super Bowl 51 was when I really thought we could win that game. Wish Hightower nothing but the best.
Absolutely!!! A day1 starter he took command of the defense his rookie season and never looked back.. big respect for HIgh, countless big plays and timely sacks.. He was one of the best patriots linebackers and even better person off the field! Huge piece of the 2nd dynasty era...

If folks haven’t actually read his article, I suggest you go back up and read it, Quite touching in my opinion.
Wow. Thanks for this. I would've totally skipped out on reading the article, but it was magnificent. These made me tear up (frickin' kids and mom):

"“Man, I don’t even have a son yet. But one day, he’s going to watch the tape of this game, and he’s gonna know one thing for sure. His dad never f***ing quit.”"

"But I especially want to thank my mom."

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back