PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donta Hightower 2 SB saves we owe him alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
His play in that Seahawks game is so under rated but IMO its as good as Butlers then he gets the strip sack when we really couldnt come back any other way with the amount of time left. Incredible big plays in the biggest of games. Thanks 54 you the man!

Couldn't have done it without him...TWICE! Pay that myaan his myoney!!!!

IMG_0483.jpg
His play in that Seahawks game is so under rated but IMO its as good as Butlers then he gets the strip sack when we really couldnt come back any other way with the amount of time left. Incredible big plays in the biggest of games. Thanks 54 you the man!

I remember when they released [Lawyer Milloy], the coaching staff kept asking why, and Bill saying " name me one key play he's made for us". They couldn't.

Hightower will have no such detractors. The man just makes plays. If he was healthy more often, it would be a no brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when they released try law, the coaching staff kept asking why, and Bill saying " name me one key play he's made for us". They couldn't.

Hightower will have no such detractors. The man just makes plays. If he was healthy more often, it would be a no brainer.

I assume you're talking about Lawyer Milloy and not Law? I can think of a handful of big plays Law made for them.

HT is the absolute man. Playing through shoulder injuries in both of those Super Bowls, too. Just incredible!

I remember when they released try law, the coaching staff kept asking why, and Bill saying " name me one key play he's made for us". They couldn't.

The coaching staff must've forgot about the pick 6 in a Super Bowl and all the times he intercepted Peyton manning

I assume you're talking about Lawyer Milloy and not Law? I can think of a handful of big plays Law made for them.

HT is the absolute man. Playing through shoulder injuries in both of those Super Bowls, too. Just incredible!

You are correct. It was Millloy.

My apologies, I am going in zero sleep still.

He did it twice. One of the best players we have. Pay the man, hes important to this defense and to the team.

:confused: I can think of a few key interceptions he pulled in against Peyton Manning. I would think the comparison with Ty Law would be the idea of not repeating past mistakes. Pay Hightower. I'm betting they will.

High is the bomb... Pay him at least very close to the Collins deal, and also pay Butler. They can afford it... The whole offense (hopefully with an Amendola restructure) should return intact next year,probably minus Bennett, but plus Gronk - they don't really need to spend there. They could pay Bennett but not sure on that front. They can definitely pay High and Butler, though. Not sure what'll happen with Sheard... though, if both Sheard and Long are gone in Free Agency, that'll be rough.

You are correct. It was Millloy.

My apologies, I am going in zero sleep still.
You're a warrior, my man!!!

I fixed your original post to cut down on the confusion. :)

They need to pay him. He is one of the absolute keys to the defense and will be expensive to keep.
Hightower showed yesterday how valuable, versatile and good he is. I think if you put him in Von Millers role he would contend to lead the league is sacks. I have said since he has been here when he is in that DE role on 3rd down he gets home a lot.
But his value in this defense is much more than a guy who gets sacks. Our defense can adapt to any offense with any strengths, and Hightower is a big part of that.

we owe him alot

He may find a nice franchise tag in his free agency stocking.

Hightower goes no where. Butler goes no where. They can keep both and will for next year but I hope they both are not on 1 year deals. Lets get those long term deals done and move on.

Hightower is tricky very clutch but dont know if hes elite.
May be a tough decision franchise and trade.
You cant pay Hightower more than 8 or 9 mill a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back