PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't Look Now...

7ACXTS2KFVCYPB53BTTMIBBHGU.jpg

We started 1-2, so from what I understand, there's only a 25% chance we make the playoffs.
BB seems to love this team. And they are ascending. They’ve also shown well in losses - sabotaged by baffling plays/errors.

I still think the road ahead is tough. NE is solid, but they don’t have the type of team that is so strong they can overcome penalties & turnovers consistently.

Would love to see them win 10-11. But I could also see them 9-8…

4 Games ago, I said our season would be defined by what happened from weeks 5-through-9, so it is great to be 5-4,looking good while at it and still having a lot of room for improvement (mainly bc of our Rookie QB).

Gotta keep grinding. The worst thing of this team is that as much we can hang with some big bois appereantly, we can still get screwed on by lesser teams if we dont keep Laser Focused

still having a lot of room for improvement (mainly bc of our Rookie QB).
Timing offensive passing. Mac has synched with Bourne and Henry just okay here, but everyone else...not so much. That's the part that would have to really mature to make the Pats fully legitimate - can the QB and pass catchers synchronize enough to have a "pass the ball where the man is going to be" offense instead of just when running open offense (i.e. play action, pick plays, etc). They're not there yet (and that's a tall order with the rookie QB and new pass catchers to the offense) so the question is can they be?

Yesterday, they made a bunch of mistakes and overcame them to win. I’m sure coach won’t look at that in a positive light this week, though.

The team is starting to gel and the defense is playing lights out. I said earlier in the season we were playing below our talent level.

Didn't make sense to me that the team looked worse than last year but improved talent across the board. Guess I underestimated the time it would take for things to gel. But we are starting to see Patriots football

The team is starting to gel and the defense is playing lights out. I said earlier in the season we were playing below our talent level.

Didn't make sense to me that the team looked worse than last year but improved talent across the board. Guess I underestimated the time it would take for things to gel. But we are starting to see Patriots football
The Browns will be a great test for our D.

Pretty much every game is a playoff game for the rest of the season. Even though they have a little wiggle room they are going to have to keep improving and keep winning to get in.

After all year getting run on, loved how the Patriots handled CmcC this game. McCaffery was the guy to neutralize this game and we did, and we stoopped them from getting the momentum through the air that would have allowed them to force us to take the clamps off their star RB.

After all year getting run on, loved how the Patriots handled CmcC this game. McCaffery was the guy to neutralize this game and we did, and we stoopped them from getting the momentum through the air that would have allowed them to force us to take the clamps off their star RB.

I am kinda shocked though that the Panthers didn’t use him in the passing game until the game was already out of hand. But the pats do a really good job taking him out of the game.

Mac looks like he's regressed the past few weeks. Need him to have a strong game.
Not really. He's the same as he's been all year.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back