PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donald Thomas Appreciation Thread: Another 100 Yard game Without Mankins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you think that the players (and coaches) flipped a switch and played differently once the season began. Ya really think so?

The perceived trouble was in the eyes of the fans and posters.

i can't explain the sudden and vast improvement, but there is no denying the horrible OL play in preseason and how much better they have played in the regular season.

i can't explain the sudden and vast improvement, but there is no denying the horrible OL play in preseason and how much better they have played in the regular season.

Sandbagging.

I can.

-QB that forces teams to play nickel D a good chunk of the time.
-Respectable offensive line getting better by the week
-TE that forces LBs into coverage
-A stable of RBs that have a good vision, one cut n go and have decent speed.

Line schemes and game planning probably have something to do with it as does line continuity and having your 8-9 best lineman playing.

no. as much as bb may like him for being a multi position player...he really isnt. he struggled a lot at RG when they played him there. LG is his natural position and it shows.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

This is a very interesting question. Thomas at RG & Cannon at RT were terrible during
the pre-season, at both run- & pass-blocking. However, if Bill & Dante feel that Thomas
could play RG as well as he has played LG, then Solder-Mankin$-Connolly-Thomas-Vollmer
would be the best OL combo going forward, if Mankin$ ever gets & stays healthy.

A lot of posters wanted to keep Koppen in favor of one of Thomas, Wendell or McDonald.

With Mankins out, would you rather have:

LG Connolly C Koppen RG Wendell

or

LG Thomas C Wendell RG Connolly

LG - Thomas, C - Koppen, RG - Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back