PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don’t let justified Patriots hatred distract from their greatness - NY Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

condon84

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
First NY Post article I've ever enjoyed.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/dont-let-justified-patriots-hatred-distract-from-their-greatness/

Quote in the article from Willie Colon

“Personally, I’ve always respected them for the level of football in which they play and how they execute,’’ Jets right guard Willie Colon told The Post. “One thing I respect about them is they stay in their lane. They don’t worry about what the outside world says about them or what’s going on. They show up, win and go home. That’s extremely commendable.

“You’ve got to respect them. They’re like the [Chicago] Bulls used to be. I was a Knicks fan, so I really hated the Bulls. But I respected them. You can say what you want about [the Patriots], but they show up on Sunday and nine out of 10 times they’re winning the game.

“You can say what you want about whatever scandal, but when you see them on Sunday, if you don’t bring your best it’s over, because you know they’re bringing their best. I don’t have any bad taste in my mouth toward them. You do kind of hate them because they’re so polished and clean and there is that little bit of jealousy. But they’re a hell of a team.’’

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

What in the Hell is going on here?

And, then there’s that the perception that they’re cheaters, with Spygate and Deflategate as much a part of their organizational résumé as those four Lombardi Trophies.

Am I living in Bizarro world? The New York post is semi dismissing Spygate and Deflategate and basically saying the Pats are just good?

First San Diego and now New York?

Wow.

First NY Post article I've ever enjoyed.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/26/dont-let-justified-patriots-hatred-distract-from-their-greatness/

Quote in the article from Willie Colon

“Personally, I’ve always respected them for the level of football in which they play and how they execute,’’ Jets right guard Willie Colon told The Post. “One thing I respect about them is they stay in their lane. They don’t worry about what the outside world says about them or what’s going on. They show up, win and go home. That’s extremely commendable.

“You’ve got to respect them. They’re like the [Chicago] Bulls used to be. I was a Knicks fan, so I really hated the Bulls. But I respected them. You can say what you want about [the Patriots], but they show up on Sunday and nine out of 10 times they’re winning the game.

“You can say what you want about whatever scandal, but when you see them on Sunday, if you don’t bring your best it’s over, because you know they’re bringing their best. I don’t have any bad taste in my mouth toward them. You do kind of hate them because they’re so polished and clean and there is that little bit of jealousy. But they’re a hell of a team.’’

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif
I bet that piece went over with Post readership like a fart in as spacesuit.

What in the Hell is going on here?

Am I living in Bizarro world? The New York post is semi dismissing Spygate and Deflategate and basically saying the Pats are just good?

First San Diego and now New York?

Wow.

The tide has turned. The performances by TB and the Pats this season (even moreso than the Super Bowl) have dispelled any notion that he needs deflated footballs to be the best. The Deflategate investigation/prosecution, in an odd way, has had the opposite effect which is to invalidate any claim that the so called cheating has anything to do with winning.

Interesting times to be sure.

The tide has turned. The performances by TB and the Pats this season (even moreso than the Super Bowl) have dispelled any notion that he needs deflated footballs to be the best. The Deflategate investigation/prosecution, in an odd way, has had the opposite effect which is to invalidate any claim that the so called cheating has anything to do with winning.

Interesting times to be sure.

To me this is unexpected. In the last few weeks I have read anti-Goodell articles and now pro-Patriots articles. Strange to say the least.

Whatever the reasons, I like how things are playing out in the press.

Once the NFL loses the press, they've lost the war, no matter how many battles they may appear to win.

Everyone wants to read Patriot articles so they can trash them some more and reinforce their own biases ..

"Exorcism completed. All's good in New York now."

pope-vatican_.jpg

Given that the namesake of TB's high school has just been canonized, I'm surprised there has yet to be any mention of Saintgate :rolleyes::D

The last NY Post article I read and enjoyed (before this) was BOY TRAPPED IN FRIDGE EATS OWN FOOT.

C'mon! There are so many great NY Post articles to choose from!

Attachments

• 61a7A5DNecL._SS500_.jpg
    61a7A5DNecL._SS500_.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
How did the Patriots Kool aid get into the Hudson River ????

It's the product of continuing to win, despite the prognosticators of doom, an obviously malicious league office and a cheating storyline that is starting to run dry-- especially if they continue to win with all the media scrutiny and headwinds. The fact that in Weeks One and Two the Pats handled two legitimate AFC contenders, and did so handily, needs to be explained... and when illegal filming and deflating and unprecedented formations are not going to explain the wins, observers have to resort to the simplest explanation: maybe they're just that good.

Also, I think "Do Your Job" has done a lot to demystify the Pat's model for success, and humanize them. Anyone who watches it will start to appreciate how hard the team and the staff work, and the depth of their professionalism and poise.

I get the New York Daily News on my doorstep every day because, while it can go over the top to throw red meat to its subscribers, it's basically a respectable newspaper that gets nominated for or wins a Pulitzer from time to time...and its Sports Section is, by far, the best in town. Myers and Lupica were among the first to attack Goodell during Deflategate as soon as the extent of the fraud was becoming clear...and came out earlier and were much tougher on him than the CHB or the MCM.

The New York Post is basically trash. So I really don't care what it's saying on this or any subject, other than to observe that the NFL is in deep trouble if The Post is writing stuff like this.

This suggest that the dust has settled and people have actually started to read the Pash report, the NFL's pathetic defense of the Brady Suspension and Judge Berman's scathing ruling and have concluded what Myers and Lupica concluded months ago..."there was no there there" and the League Office is corrupt.

I get the New York Daily News on my doorstep every day because, while it can go over the top to throw red meat to its subscribers, it's basically a respectable newspaper that gets nominated for or wins a Pulitzer from time to time...and its Sports Section is, by far, the best in town. Myers and Lupica were among the first to attack Goodell during Deflategate as soon as the extent of the fraud was becoming clear...and came out earlier and were much tougher on him than the CHB or the MCM.

The New York Post is basically trash. So I really don't care what it's saying on this or any subject, other than to observe that the NFL is in deep trouble if The Post is writing stuff like this.

This suggest that the dust has settled and people have actually started to read the Pash report, the NFL's pathetic defense of the Brady Suspension and Judge Berman's scathing ruling and have concluded what Myers and Lupica concluded months ago..."there was no there there" and the League Office is corrupt.

I wonder if Bart Hubbuch approved this article? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye