Dolphins Slam the Door on a Patriots Bye and Any Possible SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Dolphins Slam the Door on a Patriots Bye and Any Possible SB

Steve Balestrieri

<span style="font-weight: 400;You can put a fork in ‘em, folks, because the 2019 version of the Patriots are done. There won’t be no coming together and doing self-scout

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Hopefully this team can respond to bulletin board material.

I thought they made the playoffs. Thanks Steve for informing me they shouldn’t bother participating. I guess all those other teams that won sbs without a bye didn’t listen to you.

Even the writers here are chicken littles.

To be fair this team has played 0.500 for the second half of the season including 2 home losses and three December losses.

you can’t blame people for having little confidence

Cool. Guess my January is free now.

Here ya go OP/Article monkey:

upload_2019-12-29_21-9-51.png

I get that this was a brutal loss, but ... really? Even the 'official' site writers are jumping ship? Wow.

Writing this article slams the door on any possible chance of paying attention to anything this writer has to say ever again.

Look, declaring a game lost before it is played is obviously chicken****, but let's not pretend these opinions are just emotional reactions to one loss. This team has looked terrible for half a season now.

Maybe bc the team LAID AN EGG at home w a bye on the line? Should the writers be farting rainbows?

Yes, if you mention that the team lost after a game in which they lost, you are a chicken little. That seems to be the standard here.

Maybe bc the team LAID AN EGG at home w a bye on the line? Should the writers be farting rainbows?

I heard tales of an FCB post that wasn't a bad faith argument or a temper tantrum but I think it's just a fable.

Literally nobody is saying fans should be happy and you know that, but you're not here to act like an adult.

Yes, if you mention that the team lost after a game in which they lost, you are a chicken little. That seems to be the standard here.

You should probably go to urgent care because you are experiencing some sort of hallucination where non-existing people are saying things that nobody has said. I'm very concerned about your welfare, friend.

You should probably go to urgent care because you are experiencing some sort of hallucination where non-existing people are saying things that nobody has said. I'm very concerned about your welfare, friend.

Hey, thanks! Appreciate your looking out.

All I know is come playoff time it's a knockout game.Regular season records doesn't matter now.

"To be fair", we can and should call out any writer who says that we no chance because we have a bye, and because we lost to a team that was 4-4 over the last eight games.
=======
Most of us understand that winning your division means that you have a chance.
======
Sure, it's reasonable to believe that the HOU, KC and BAL are all stronger teams than we are. That is much, much difference from saying that we have no chance, or even that we have little chance.

To be fair this team has played 0.500 for the second half of the season including 2 home losses and three December losses.

you can’t blame people for having little confidence

And, we care what this guy, Steve whatever-his-name-is, thinks because...?

Fun Fact: Animals that lay eggs do not have belly buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft