PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins inexperienced secondary not much better than Bucs or Titans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I really don't see an improvement in the secondary over the past 2 opponents that the Pats laid 94 points on.

With Sean Smith and Vontae Davis and the other rookie at safety, I think the Dolphins do not have any better of a secondary than the last 2 teams who got trounced.

With the only difference being the Dolphins D-line with that nightmare of Jason Taylor and LBs including Porter that are noticably better than the Bucs or Titans had,the key will be to give Brady time and keep him off his back (only sacked 8 times so far) and if they can he should be able to tear up this group of backside defenders as well as he had done the past 2 games.

As long as Brady stays upright I can see Moss and Welker destroying the back 4 and NE win by at least 14 and that is even if Miami goes crazy and successful with the Wildcat.

Last edited:
Re: Dolphins unexperienced secondary not much better than Bucs or Titans?

With Sean Smith and Vontae Davis and the other rookie at safety, I think the Dolphins do not have any better of a secondary than the last 2 teams who got trounced.

You don't think a secondary consisting of high round rookies is going to be better than a secondary consisting of guys stuffing burritos the week before?

You don't think a secondary consisting of high round rookies is going to be better than a secondary consisting of guys stuffing burritos the week before?

Not much better...They will need to double team Moss in this game,all game- They don't have any Champ Bailey's or Ed Reeds to worry about and Sanchez and Ryan had no idea of how to exploit that with Edwards.

Last edited:
Their secondary is crap, I just worry about Porter and Taylor forcing bad throws from Brady right into the midst of their crappiness.

They don't have any Champ Bailey's or Ed Reeds to worry about and Sanchez and Ryan had no idea of how to exploit that with Edwards.

Neither did Peyton Manning. Or Drew Brees.

Really,I am not worrying about that secondary - Maybe the Colts and Saints struggled a bit in those games,but both found ways to win anyway,correct?

Their secondary is crap, I just worry about Porter and Taylor forcing bad throws from Brady right into the midst of their crappiness.

Vollmer up against Taylor is the key to the game,Vollmer will need help at times but much of the time he is on his own and Brady is relying on Vollmer's best yet.

Manning had the ball for under 15 minutes. I assume he did alright, though I didn't see the game.

The only player in their secondary who has done all that much recently is Gabril Wilson. Their secondary has been awful a lot this year. That is why they lost to the Saints and Colts. They made Sanchez look great in the second half last week too.

Also, their pass rush hasn't been great this year either. Sanchez had enough time to eat a hotdog in the backfield on most of the plays in the second half.

I don't care who they play in the secondary, I hope they single-cover Moss like they did in the second game last year. They covered him with 1 guy and Moss went off, scoring 3 TDs. I remember Randy saying after the game how he felt they disrespected him by using that coverage. Let's hope they disrespect him again.

Really,I am not worrying about that secondary - Maybe the Colts and Saints struggled a bit in those games,but both found ways to win anyway,correct?

Manning, maybe. The Brees threw 3 picks. His defense won him that game.

Manning did pretty amazing things with his very brief time on the field that game. If it wasn't for the fact that he was torching the Fish, I would have cried a little and had to make a visit to manningface to soothe myself. Okay, I looked at some manningface, anyway...but I was glad he squished the Fish for us.

EDIT: I'm confident that TFB can smoke them Fish just as well, of course! :singing:

Last edited:
Manning did amazing things with his very brief time on the field that game. If it wasn't for the fact that he was torching the Fish, I would have cried a little and had to make a visit to manningface to soothe myself. Okay, I looked at some manningface, anyway...but I was glad he squished the Fish for us.

EDIT: I'm confident that TFB can smoke them Fish just as well, of course! :singing:

Manning's statline in the 15 minutes that the Colts had the ball?

14/23 60.9% 303yrds 2TDs 0INTS = shreaded.

Bree's didn't have a great game, but he tends to take more risks than Manning or Brady. The Saints have given up the ball alot already this year.

22/38 57.9% 298yrds 1TD 3INTS.

SSDD

It's not the secondary I am worried about; it's Jason Taylor and that loudmouth Joey Porter. If our O-line can hold them off and our D can look like it's seen the wildcat before (unlike last year in Foxboro), I think we'll do fine.

You guys are putting way too much stock in Jason Taylor. Aside from the Saints game, he has not been that good at all this year. The two guys in that group that should strike fear into the heart of any Pats fan would be Porter and Cameron Wake. Taylor is a shadow of what he used to be.

You guys are putting way too much stock in Jason Taylor. Aside from the Saints game, he has not been that good at all this year. The two guys in that group that should strike fear into the heart of any Pats fan would be Porter and Cameron Wake. Taylor is a shadow of what he used to be.

Didn't I see him take it to the house on Sunday, or was that my imagination? Not saying he' hasn't gone down a notch, but he always, historically, gives Brady fits.

Last edited:
Didn't I see him take it to the house on Sunday, or was that my imagination? Not saying he's gone down a notch, but he always, historically, gives Brady fits.

Touche. I forgot about that. Okay, aside from the Saints and one play in the Jets game. :D

I live in South Florida right now. When I'm not watching the Pats, I'm watching their primary competition and I have watched the Dolphins a lot this year. Yes, Taylor has historically given Brady fits. But I really don't think that's going to be the case this Sunday. Like I said, the two guys we need to worry about are Porter and Wake.

Touche. I forgot about that. Okay, aside from the Saints and one play in the Jets game. :D

I live in South Florida right now. When I'm not watching the Pats, I'm watching their primary competition and I have watched the Dolphins a lot this year. Yes, Taylor has historically given Brady fits. But I really don't think that's going to be the case this Sunday. Like I said, the two guys we need to worry about are Porter and Wake.

Didn't Taylor always have great games lined up against Light and now faces a rookie?...this will be the biggest test of SeaBass short term as OT

I do think we see a lot of Faulk in obvious passing downs for blocking,he is the best of the bunch here.

Last edited:
I'm very scared of our young secondary against your offense. That said, if we can pressure Brady like we did in the first half of our game vs. the Saints we have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back